Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:54 PM

Re: The Voice

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
P.S, that Jennifer Hudson should probably not have sung, but what a voice.
She looked better when she had longer hair.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:57 PM

One thing that really annoyed me in 'The Voice' was the audience clapping/calling out halfway through the singer's performance how on earth can anyone judge a whole performance with that row going on...
I don't think it happened to the same extent on the BBC .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Watched this first episode with some trepidation, having gotten fed up with the contrived and utterly obvious stooge elements of previous series.

The show remains ridiculous imo.

The producers have already long since picked who will get through and who won't. The celebrity judges aren't making the calls in any sense at all.

You can tangibly tell when an act is going to be allowed through and as always, there is the uncomfortable chasm of disbelief that always happens when you see a contestant with a bloody brilliant voice get no votes and then some chump or chumps with useless voices get through.

This used to be even more cringeworthy when the judges in previous shows had to make utterly lame excuses for why they failed to turn around. Every excuse under the sun except the true one which is that the producers told them not to turn around because the contestant isn't right or can't be exploited enough to make enough profit.

All these "reality" shows go the same way. First 1-2 series seem genuine and likeable and then the producers take over and rig/control everything.

Apprentice was the same. First 2 series seemed great, different, refreshing. Now its unwatchable (for me) as the producers simply control everything and poor old Alan Sugar HAS to tow the party line and find lame excuses not to sack the chumps the producers want in.

The Voice is the same. An exercise in futility. Other shows like BGT survive because despite the producers control, there actually remains some element of entertainment from the comical Ant and Dec and the variety of contestants.

The Voice does entertain on any level that I can see.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:17 AM

I thought the whole point of "The Voice" was to concentrate on "The Voice" and not be prejudiced by an individuals visuals.

Imo the contestants should remain invisible until the final, the programme has no point after the Blind Auditions, because the visuals kick in the decision making process.
Partially right Spitty, the initial point of contact with the singer is made without regard to the performers looks, age and possibly gender so is consequently chosen on voice alone. Once the selection has been made then the singer will be groomed by their chosen mentor who will attempt to further their career by whatever means necessary. This will include voice coaching, presentation and dancing, drawing on the judges experience of the music industry.

Most successful singers write and perform their own stuff and eventually are noticed by scouts from within the industry or record producers, so gender, looks and size are not important at this stage, but once they are managed these things will be addressed if they are to proceed further in the industry. In this sort of talent show it's the other way round, they must be polished into the complete package that will attract a producer to take them on and find them work, a career springboard if you like. So presentation is everything.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:31 AM

P.S, that Jennifer Hudson should probably not have sung, but what a voice.
I agree with that Spitty, and what about those thighs.....

I've just read her life story on Wiki and she has had a quite an impressive rise to fame since 2009. After suffering a few knockbacks in her career she has fought her way to the top, I reckon she has earned the right to be a judge on the 'Voice'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
One thing that really annoyed me in 'The Voice' was the audience clapping/calling out halfway through the singer's performance how on earth can anyone judge a whole performance with that row going on...
I don't think it happened to the same extent on the BBC .

I agree. That is one of the many things that annoy me with X-Factor - the constant screaming, and flashing lights - and that's before I start on the silly judges constantly trying to outdo each other.
60fox
London
60fox is male  60fox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 05:11 AM

The Voice , Tom Jones does my head in, he was the same on the Beeb, just sits there and waits for someone else to hit the button before he does. And then he whacks his button and tries to look like Yeah I've chosen before anyone else. Er No !
60fox
London
60fox is male  60fox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:27 AM

I stand corrected , watched tonight's The Voice 14/01/2017 and Tom actually got off the fence and pushed his button to turn his chair before anyone else. Yeah ! as Tom would say. But, something was wrong with tonight's instalment where we saw some great singers get No interest from the elite 4. It felt almost as if they wanted to turn but someone somewhere has tweaked in and influenced their selections.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:36 AM

Maybe.....as the judges are quality performers in the business they have a better ear than us?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:28 AM

Well I love Tom Jones as a judge, he really listens to the performance before making a decision. We were treated to an impromptu performance of Great Balls of Fire from him too this week, what a treat, he still has a really powerful voice.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top