Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 07:54 PM

The Big Painting Challenge

Anyone watching this?

Now, I'm no artist, but I thought there was some heavy criticism on the second still life (a room). I thought some were pretty good, but the judges were too harsh or negative, imo.

One contender was accused of wanting to be the centre of attention...a painting I liked.

Still, as I said...what do I know?

And the one person I thought would go out has been praised! Whaaaaaat???
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 08:12 PM

Re: The Big Painting Challenge

About a month ago, I was talking to someone who has just taking up painting. He loves it and made me feel I would love to try as well, and this is why I watched this programme tonight.
I was a bit disappointed.

Like Jazzi, I was disappointed in the judges reactions and comments, because I thought the painters tried really hard and were mostly quite good.
I did also find the programme a bit dull though, I guess I had hoped for a bit more in the way of advice and tuition.

I shall probably give it a miss next week.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Rubbish, shall give it a swerve next week.....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 07:40 AM

I caught most of it but was so disgusted I won't be watching it again. I saw a daub that was supposed to be a bedroom scene praised, and the woman who owned up to it apparently won. I saw no bed, no chair and nothing other than a mess of paint. If that's what passed for art, this is one viewer who obviously doesn't see the point of real talent.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I caught most of it but was so disgusted I won't be watching it again. I saw a daub that was supposed to be a bedroom scene praised, and the woman who owned up to it apparently won. I saw no bed, no chair and nothing other than a mess of paint. If that's what passed for art, this is one viewer who obviously doesn't see the point of real talent.
Yes eccles, that was precisely my moan!! How on earth did that happen? No, I won't be bothering again either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 11:09 AM

I didn't see it but don't think I will bother now. I have seen a few of these painting challenge type programmes and I always think the presenters are just trying to be controversial.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 01:07 PM

She was rubbish, couldn't believe the members of the public said hers was the best. The painting she did of the still life before that one was dire too. I agree with you, Eccles.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 09:11 PM

Well we liked it. Its nice to see all the different styles and get to see a bit about each of the artists as you go through the weeks.

As with last year week one and two are often a bit chaotic because they start with so many people but the artists and their stories grow on you as the weeks go on.

Is anyone watching the pottery throw down?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Well we liked it. Its nice to see all the different styles and get to see a bit about each of the artists as you go through the weeks.

As with last year week one and two are often a bit chaotic because they start with so many people but the artists and their stories grow on you as the weeks go on.

Is anyone watching the pottery throw down?
Yes me. I like that, used to make pottery myself. Start a new thread, Cass so we can disguss that too?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 07:57 AM

Me too it's was absolutely crap !
The judges had a good line in BS tho

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top