Join for free
Page 729 of 737 « First < 229 629 679 719 727 728 729 730 731 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 02:38 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Thanks Baz, I didn't know you could get an injection for Hay Fever. I have been on Cetirizine Tablets, one a day, but they really don't help much.
If it were possible I'd ask to see my GP to see about an injection BUT, they are still in hiding and refuse to come out.
It was many years' ago now, I wish it was possible to remember it properly as to the name. I had been on tablets previously for years and at times I couldn't even go out of the house it was that bad. Not a lot of fun when it's in growing up years!

After posting I did give some thought as to the difficulties of seeing a GP where you live, it's the same here and probably the same reasons given. It's got to change sometime, this cannot go on as people (patients) are suffering.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 09:46 AM

My District Council sending me emails on how to stay cool in the summer. Things like don't run around, drink plenty of fluids, don't wear your winter coat, don't walk on hot coals, don't sit inside your oven etc. Ok, I'm being sarcastic now but you get the picture. Is it play time yet?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My District Council sending me emails on how to stay cool in the summer. Things like don't run around, drink plenty of fluids, don't wear your winter coat, don't walk on hot coals, don't sit inside your oven etc. Ok, I'm being sarcastic now but you get the picture. Is it play time yet?

Ooer, that's a bit odd isnt it?

(Perhaps I'd better stop sending them now. . . )

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:27 AM

People posting on threads that I'm subscribed to and I'm not getting the email....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think they do this to try to justify the money we pay them every month and persuade us that they are doing something beneficial for us!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
People posting on threads that I'm subscribed to and I'm not getting the email....
Yes, I've said the same earlier. I put it down to teething problems with the change-over of the site.
I always bookmark threads I have commented on so I can look back later to see if there has been any further activity.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I've said the same earlier. I put it down to teething problems with the change-over of the site.
I always bookmark threads I have commented on so I can look back later to see if there has been any further activity.
It's a proper pain in the B...... for me JB, because the first thing I do when I come on the forum is check all my emails and respond to those that need a response... It makes me look like I don't care.....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:57 AM

It's a proper pain in the B...... for me JB, because the first thing I do when I come on the forum is check all my emails and respond to those that need a response... It makes me look like I don't care.....
Personally, I'd like a tick box provision for posts. Not for a count of how many people or disagree with a post, but more of an indication that a post has been read.

Am sure that many of us have read a reply and want the poster to be aware of the fact, but don't really want to add another post and "have the last word", if you get my drift.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Personally, I'd like a tick box provision for posts. Not for a count of how many people or disagree with a post, but more of an indication that a post has been read.

Am sure that many of us have read a reply and want the poster to be aware of the fact, but don't really want to add another post and "have the last word", if you get my drift.
Yep that would be good Dex, it just seems polite to write a post relying to a member but sometimes it goes on for a while, and sometimes wanders off topic...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 12:30 PM

Yep that would be good Dex, it just seems polite to write a post relying to a member but sometimes it goes on for a while, and sometimes wanders off topic...
Think I suggested it a few years ago. Setting it up is easy enough as php forums do have this as an option (I think, as I've seen it used on other fora), but the idea was knocked back due to it's potential problem of being seen as a pro/con count of whether posters agree with a comment.

I see the logic in that. Pity there's not a way though!

Page 729 of 737 « First < 229 629 679 719 727 728 729 730 731 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top