Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 10:27 AM

Re: Line Of Duty (Season 5)

I thought the interview between Carmichael and Hastings was brilliant - the acting was superb making it very tense. As said earlier, I suspected Biggeloe too - she was extremely creepy and ingratiating with Hastings! My take on the scene in the toilet was that the young PC was in the pay of the criminal gang and was told to finish Biggeloe off with a knife so that she could then say that Biggeloe attacked her in an effort to escape. The gang would have been afraid that Biggeloe would try to save her skin by grassing them up - which I suspect that she actually did because she was given a new identity. Roll on series 6 ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 10:59 AM

As the episode went on I started to wonder why Carmichael was so intent on stitching up Hastings then it came to me, Carmichael could be the fourth 'dot', therefore she ordered the pc to kill Bigelow to stop her saying too much.

I also think that Corbett is Hastings' son, that's why Hastings gave Mrs Corbett the fifty grand at the end.

I thought it was a disappointing end tbh but no doubt we will all get caught up with series six when it arrives in two years time.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As the episode went on I started to wonder why Carmichael was so intent on stitching up Hastings then it came to me, Carmichael could be the fourth 'dot', therefore she ordered the pc to kill Bigelow to stop her saying too much.

I also think that Corbett is Hastings' son, that's why Hastings gave Mrs Corbett the fifty grand at the end.

I thought it was a disappointing end tbh but no doubt we will all get caught up with series six when it arrives in two years time.
I thought the same about Corbett! I also wondered whether Carmichael or DCC Wise could be the fourth dot.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I thought the same about Corbett! I also wondered whether Carmichael or DCC Wise could be the fourth dot.
Out of the two I reckon it's more likely to be Carmichael because she is like a dog with a bone so it would be good to see her get her comeuppance.

Mind you, I have to say I quite enjoyed watching Hastings getting a grilling even though he is supposedly innocent, a taste of one's own medicine is always good.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

06-05-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Out of the two I reckon it's more likely to be Carmichael because she is like a dog with a bone so it would be good to see her get her comeuppance.

Mind you, I have to say I quite enjoyed watching Hastings getting a grilling even though he is supposedly innocent, a taste of one's own medicine is always good.
I did enjoy those interviews - the toing and froing and throwing in a curve ball every now and again. In some ways Carmichael was better at interviewing than Hastings because she had that quiet way of speaking then a slight smile of sympathy before she went for the jugular.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:22 PM

I thought Anna Maxwell Martin was excellent as, Detective Chief Superintendent Patricia Carmichael.
The interview scenes between her and Hastings were riveting. I loved how she pronounced ‘it’ in such a clipped manner.

Was the policewoman with the black helmet haircut and sticky out ears, meant to be like, The Commissioner of the Metropolis, Cressida Dick?

Ok, so we didn’t find out who ‘H’ was but l still thought the series was great.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought Anna Maxwell Martin was excellent as, Detective Chief Superintendent Patricia Carmichael.
The interview scenes between her and Hastings were riveting. I loved how she pronounced ‘it’ in such a clipped manner.

Was the policewoman with the black helmet haircut and sticky out ears, meant to be like, The Commissioner of the Metropolis, Cressida Dick?

Ok, so we didn’t find out who ‘H’ was but l still thought the series was great.
When so many "intelligent" people are now saying "i".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:25 PM

Watching this on catch up. I must be the only one disappointed in this season. I just can't get into it. Seems totally off the wall to me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-05-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Watching this on catch up. I must be the only one disappointed in this season. I just can't get into it. Seems totally off the wall to me.
Over all, I was disappointed too Annie. Nowhere near as good as previous series. It seemed to be more about who 'H' was (even though we never did find out) than the undercover story which was boring.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Hi

Good TV so I am told.

Not my thing, so far removed from reality.

A source of great amusement to my Ex Colleagues.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top