Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:23 PM

Re: Should Women Be Allowed To Walk Around In Public, Topless?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Is this the result of your recent stress?

Or a joke thread?

If you really believe it's ok to walk around topless, then I invite you to take some topless photos of yourself and post them on the forum. I'm guessing you won't !
Leave Arty alone - she's my mate...
Go and be miserable somewhere else, while we have some fun....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:30 PM

Or a joke thread?

If you really believe it's ok to walk around topless, then I invite you to take some topless photos of yourself and post them on the forum. I'm guessing you won't !
Realist, That was really a bit below the belt. The times l have supported you, stuck up for you and you go and post like this!

This was nothing to do with me personally, it was just a random question.

If we don’t joke and laugh in life, then what’s the point of it all?
You should try it and whilst you’re at it, please feel free to ask admin to remove this thread. I would hate to offend.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:33 PM

Oh, Arty it is all good fun.
I totally agree with you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:34 PM

Or a joke thread?

Yeah.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It is allowed on beaches here, so why can’t women go topless in town?
Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Is it?
Isn’t it?
Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I don't know
That's why I'm asking you if it's true!
https://www.tripsavvy.com/naked-sunb...-wales-1662464

Have you ever wondered whether you could be arrested for public nudity (or having sex in a public place) in England, Scotland or Wales? The question is not as random as you may think. Lots of people like to sunbathe in the nude. So, is public nudity illegal in the UK?

Well yes and no.

Technically, there is no law against being nude in public in the United Kingdom. Simple nudity is not illegal. Even performing what someone might consider to be an obscene act in a public place may not be against the law.

It all depends on the circumstances.

There are three laws that apply and all of them are open to interpretation depending on why the nudity is happening and where.

1.The Public Order Act of 1986 prohibits behavior that is "threatening, abusive or insulting within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress".

2. The Sex Offences Act of 2003: Indecent Exposure relates to sexually motivated exposure of one's genitals, with the specific intention that someone will see them.

3.Outraging Public Decency is a common law offense that makes it a crime to perform actions or displays in public places that "outrage generally accepted standards of decency" and that are witnessed by at least two people.
If you remember the so-called "Naked Rambler", Stephen Gough, who attempted to walk nude from Land's End to John O'Groats in 2003, it took him seven months to complete the 900-mile walk - much of that time spent in jail.

As of August 2015, when Gough was released from prison after serving half a 30-month sentence (spent in solitary confinement because he insisted on being naked in jail), he had lost count of how many times he had been arrested and had spent about 10 years in jail to prove his point.

Obviously he's an extremist, but upholders of the laws mentioned above felt compelled to arrest and imprison him.

Nude on the beach - you might get away with it or be asked to cover up .....

Nude in the market - you'll probably be arrested .....

However, participants in the World Naked Bike Ride (London and other venues) are not usually arrested, so if anyone feels the need .....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:23 AM

I've often wondered why it is that it's only women's breasts that should be covered up? I mean our breasts are functional we feed babies and stuff.....men's breasts are well......what are they used for?

Bare your breasts girls....you first Arty
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:39 AM

Men can, why can’t women? We live in an equal society, so why not?
It’s been very hot today, so l imagine many men have walked around towns, topless.
So l ask, why can’t women?
They do - all over beaches.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:48 AM

Hi

Keep up the good work Art.

Your posts are always fun.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:58 AM

If women went topless , watch how many men would suddenly get short sighted and claim they thought they were just feeling the melons in the supermarket.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 07:12 AM

Surely the question that should be asked is why women should not have the option to schlep around bare breasted --- if she wants to?

Obviously there are times and circumstances when going around letting it (them) all hang out would be a thing that a person would not want to do.

In harsh sunlight for example unless a sun protection cream with an SPF about the same as Portland cement for one, in the cold of winter when the only blue tits should be searching for food.

So other than for personal comfort why should a woman not have the choice?

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top