Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:38 PM

Re: Politically correct acting

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Quite simply, I believe that a historical drama should reflect what actually happened at time. Choosing inappropriate actors simply to support trendy socio-political movements today is ridiculous and, if anything, is doing the exact opposite of attempting to bring different cultures together.

Well said, JBR!

I'll 'third' that.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
:Try make us think we are equal all they like, the fact remains every human is NOT the same. Black White and Yellow are all DIFFERENT colours.

I'm goingbyo swear so if profanity offends scroll on by:

FFS stop with this madness which has done nothing for racial except cause more racial tension than there ever has been.

There are 5 races with different ethnicities,we are NOT the same. If we were meant to be the same we would all be the same colour. Let the black and Asians keep their ethnicity instead of trying to take away from them their culture and ethnicity and let us keep our own ethnicity just as it was meant to be.

Drives me mad.
091:
I totally agree. It is political correctness gone mad.
Moreover, it seems to me that leftists advocate political correctness where-ever/when-ever they choose, provided it suits their needs at the time.

I recall, a few years back, when they were doing a remake of the film "Moby Dick", the leftists complained bitterly that in the ORIGINAL film, the character of Queequeg was played by an Austrian actor by the name of Friedrick von Ledebur, (white man), instead of a South Pacific actor (of which there are darn few, if any, who might fit the bill for this major character).

what's the bottom line ? In the wacko world of political correctness blacks may play historically white characters, BUT a white actor may NEVER play a character that was historically black or Asian etc

Having a black actress play Anne Boleyn, is an insult of the first magnitude.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	moby-dick-queequeg.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	14876  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
what's the bottom line ? In the wacko world of political correctness blacks may play historically white characters, BUT a white actor may NEVER play a character that was historically black or Asian etc

Having a black actress play Anne Boleyn, is an insult of the first magnitude.
I completely agree.
I sometimes wonder whether common sense will ever be restored.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
:try make us think we are equal all they like, the fact remains every human is not the same. Black white and yellow are all different colours.

I'm goingbyo swear so if profanity offends scroll on by:

Ffs stop with this madness which has done nothing for racial except cause more racial tension than there ever has been.

There are 5 races with different ethnicities,we are not the same. If we were meant to be the same we would all be the same colour. Let the black and asians keep their ethnicity instead of trying to take away from them their culture and ethnicity and let us keep our own ethnicity just as it was meant to be.

Drives me mad.
091:

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top