Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:46 AM

Re: Embarrassment isn’t what is was!

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm sure you look amazing in a smock, Foxy!
Your only saying that because it's true Pixie.....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:53 AM

The ability to get embarrassed seems to diminish, fairly rapidly, once you have had "Short Arm Inspections", with dropped pants, whilst in a crew of Sailors waiting to go ashore.

Even further, when you have to, publicly, shave your lower bits before having a tube stuck into your crutch & pushed up into a vein into your heart!

Then how about the checks for prostate enlargement?

In the end (pun intended), we're lucky that someone is prepared to look?

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:55 AM

I was a very shy child and had a tough time of it and it is only since recovering from some bad illness's that I have changed a lot. See the world very differently and feel a lot of the time extremely happy and carefree. My Husband on the other hand was a cool dude and now he is always watching out for me..he is fearful at times. He cry's more than I do which is not a bad thing,just not how he ever was.. I have several stories of him in the Army at 18 years old in Hong Kong....fancy sending young men to the wolves like that....Many will realise the stories and they are not really embarrassing any more to people you know...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:01 AM

I have blushed profusely in the past.

Embarrassed, where I have wanted to crawl under a huge rock.

I think how you are made to feel in certain situations as a child from parents, plays a big part.

There is also that “ shame element “

I have gone from one extreme to the other....nothing embarrasses me..no blushing either.

There are definitely some embarrassing moments I would never discuss...I also have a boundary line on what I discuss .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The ability to get embarrassed seems to diminish, fairly rapidly, once you have had "Short Arm Inspections", with dropped pants, whilst in a crew of Sailors waiting to go ashore.

Even further, when you have to, publicly, shave your lower bits before having a tube stuck into your crutch & pushed up into a vein into your heart!

Then how about the checks for prostate enlargement?

In the end (pun intended), we're lucky that someone is prepared to look?

You as well Ted....
Some things are just beyond embarrassment if it's going to save your life...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:09 AM

There is great freedom in not being embarrassed!

Great freedom indeed!!....
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:15 AM

Yes indeed Pauline, in 1967 married in a beautiful Church in Beddington Surrey. never ever forget,my knees trembled so much I thought, never going to make it to the alter,all the guests turning around looking at you. felt so uncomfortable and at just 19, guess was not very mature really...By the time we left for our honeymoon I was quite drunk.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Yes indeed Pauline, in 1967 married in a beautiful Church in Beddington Surrey. never ever forget,my knees trembled so much I thought, never going to make it to the alter,all the guests turning around looking at you. felt so uncomfortable and at just 19, guess was not very mature really...By the time we left for our honeymoon I was quite drunk.

I can relate to all of that,Diane,

I was “ SO” self conscious!!.....it played havoc in my life...

I wonder where it came from...never found the answer,

I wonder if there is such a thing called...the root of self consciousness...I’m sure there is...must look it up...

I think looking back, I worried to much of how others thought of me.

Now I don’t give two pennies...strange ain’t it..

Must have reached “maturity”.... we never stop learning though.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

25-06-2021, 11:45 AM

Age is not the only reason for changes to people. Lifestyle and who you spend your time with whether living or social. I was a nervous as well as shy person and worried about all sorts and it is good to be different now for what ever reason . I can still blush but not aware of it myself, but Husband will say on the odd occasion doing a cherry...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Doesn't bother me......I wear it all the time...
Now we all know the secret of your dapper legs Bob , it's maternity stockings

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top