Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Re: BoJo picks a fight with Russia.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You beat bullies by scaring them.

This was not a NATO Action so any response by Russia would not guarantee any NATO Support for the UK.

We are not big enough to scare Russia on our own.

We have to stop thinking of the UK as a super power, it certainly isn't.
100% with you on this.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Problem is with bullies is that while ever you continue to back down they will continue to bully, something that you speak of frequently Swimmy!

As far as I understand it the British ship was doing nothing that broke international law, so this was not actually provocation but just shows Putin for what he is, an international bully boy.... as though the world didn't know that already.
Exactly right, Barry.

It all does remind me of WW2 where so many Countries "played safe" only to be swarmed over later!

I predict that Russia, and China, will annexe quite a few more Countries on the back of our attitudes.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Exactly right, Barry.

It all does remind me of WW2 where so many Countries "played safe" only to be swarmed over later!

I predict that Russia, and China, will annexe quite a few more Countries on the back of our attitudes.
Crimea has not been annexed by Russia. It IS russian. This whole American driven thing is about preventing Russia from having year long ice free access to global waters.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wonder what Boris is trying to distract you from noticing?
Good point Bruce....
There's always a reason and it's not always so obvious....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Crimea has not been annexed by Russia. It IS russian. This whole American driven thing is about preventing Russia from having year long ice free access to global waters.
Hi

I agree.

Syria was the best example of this, it was a secular country until we got involved and ISIS was the outcome.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Where did I say it was?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:58 PM

Boris can never win in some people's eyes.

If he says something to Putin he is wrong, and if doesn't say anything he is weak, so either way he will be condemned.

I know very little about politics, I have enough things to worry me without fretting about outside things which I cannot change.

All I do say is Putin is big trouble, always has been and always will be, and I have a feeling he has been hatching a plan for a very long time, and it just waiting till the time is right to execute it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-06-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Boris can never win in some people's eyes.

If he says something to Putin he is wrong, and if doesn't say anything he is weak, so either way he will be condemned.

I know very little about politics, I have enough things to worry me without fretting about outside things which I cannot change.

All I do say is Putin is big trouble, always has been and always will be, and I have a feeling he has been hatching a plan for a very long time, and it just waiting till the time is right to execute it.

That's the myth started by Barack Hussein once Russia came to the help of the legitimate and democratically elected government of Syria while islamic terrorists were attacking it and Obama decided not to interfere because of his support for the .islamic crescent. Had Russia not stepped in Syria would have fallen. Russia with its anti-islamic strategy could and should be our best ally against Islam and would be were it not for Barack Hussein and his lies and misrepresentation.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 03:22 PM

I can understand why Mutti Merkel (and her lap-dog, the Granny-fiddler) is bending over backwards to appease Putin and that's because Germany depends so much on Russia's natural gas supplies. However, their move to make the rest of the EU do the same and hold a formal summit with Putin has backfired according to the DE:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...omic-sanctions
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 03:28 PM

I read yesterday that the Russians DID fire warning shots at Defender. Apparently there was a BBC reporter on board but bizarrely, it didn't make the TV news.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top