Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Re: Never, ever do I..

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not boasting, but I haven't had a cold (that I've noticed) since I left teaching six years ago.
Perhaps it's just that you build up a resistance as you get old(er), although I am only a very young 66!
I haven't had Flu or a cold since I started having the flu jab.

UH-Oh......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Dr Robert advises 'No singing in the Bath' for two weeks...

I've always found that a five mile run will clear out yer pipes...

Failing that, some boxed sets and a glass of red....

Chin up Rhian.....It's not the end of the world......even though it might feel like it....

Use the hugs sparingly they are addictive....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 01:09 PM

I'm back in work, you'll all be pleased to note!
Keeps me out of mischief...

However I sound like Barry White's and Bonnie Tyler's love-child!!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 02:09 PM

It's a shame that many companies, particularly office based ones, tend to penalise people who go off sick,. IT's so counter productive. When people "troop on" with colds and ILIs at work they simply spread it to everyone else resulting in lost of lost work hours for the company. If they just recommended that people stay home and rest for a couple of days then they would recover much quicker and not spread the bugs around so much.

Blitzing a complete lemon with a chunk of fresh ginger and some hot water (and a little honey) is my go to power house natural remedy for killing these bugs. That plus incorporating a lot of garlic and maybe some fresh chillis into my meals.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Whatever works for you Realist. I wish I could use the ginger remedy but it irritates my oesophagus. The other one that's supposed to be really good is crushed garlic and honey (6 cloves of garlic). I cannot manage that one though, it's like eating paint stripper. The Italian granny cough syrup works best for me. Olive oil is a natural antiviral & healing compound.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 02:40 PM

I think its a shame you feel that you need to spread the germs around by continuing to go into work Rhian
There are people out there who cant afford to catch such germs who still have to venture out too.
I wouldve taken a couple days off with honey and lemon and maybe some whiskey too,then see how you feel after that,if no better then stay home another day ...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
There speaks a woman who KNOWS!
Hope you feel better soon Rhian, and those butterflies flying around in your head land soon. You poor love. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 03:04 PM

Hope you are better soon Rhian I am afraid germs seem to love a new term having had a rest in the holidays.

When I worked in a school I almost always got a cold the first couple of weeks back and my grandchildren do too...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm back in work, you'll all be pleased to note!
Keeps me out of mischief...

However I sound like Barry White's and Bonnie Tyler's love-child!!!
Well if you are holding out for a hero - Don't make me wait too long.

Boom Tish!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
well if you are holding out for a hero - don't make me wait too long.

Boom tish!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top