Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 04:07 PM

Bahrain F1 drama!

What an incredible first lap! Thank God Grosjean got out of the car in time and that the medical car was right behind him! Alan van der Merwe was super quick!
Some kind of excitement but not the kind of excitement I was looking for!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 04:11 PM

Re: Bahrain F1 drama!

Yes thankfully all the safety systems fell into place, I’ve not seen a car burst into flames and split in half in a long time, thank goodness for the halo, it probably saved romains life
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes thankfully all the safety systems fell into place, I’ve not seen a car burst into flames and split in half in a long time, thank goodness for the halo, it probably saved romains life
Absolutely awesome safety measures!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

29-11-2020, 04:53 PM

Update: more drama with Stroll!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:24 PM

Amazing escape:

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

29-11-2020, 06:30 PM

Pity about Racing Point. Awesome race excitement!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:33 PM

Wow! That was horrendous. Brilliant rescue by the crew though.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:56 PM

Thankfully he wasn’t unconscious, that would’ve been very different
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:05 PM

I just watched the video Omah posted. Wow the marshal's did a very very good job and it's is good Grosjean got out safely but my word what on earth was he doing taking such a risky manoeuvre. You can see in the video he literally cut right across the other cars path. He went for a gap that wasn't there and looks like the only way there was going to be a gap is if the other driver gives way and lets him through which did not happen because as you can see the other driver holds his line of which he is entitled to do, Grosjean goes for the gap and catches the other drivers wheel which causes Grosjean to lose control and crash.

A very risky move which could have ended very badly but thank goodness it didn't and he is safe and well (apart from some minor burns and a broken rib)
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

29-11-2020, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I just watched the video Omah posted. Wow the marshal's did a very very good job and it's is good Grosjean got out safely but my word what on earth was he doing taking such a risky manoeuvre. You can see in the video he literally cut right across the other cars path. He went for a gap that wasn't there and looks like the only way there was going to be a gap is if the other driver gives way and lets him through which did not happen because as you can see the other driver holds his line of which he is entitled to do, Grosjean goes for the gap and catches the other drivers wheel which causes Grosjean to lose control and crash.

A very risky move which could have ended very badly but thank goodness it didn't and he is safe and well (apart from some minor burns and a broken rib)
Yes and as Primus said, thankfully he was not unconscious. Extremely close call and the second time the Bahrain race ended behind the safety car.

Disappointing for Racing Point, Constructors Cup placing at risk. MacLaren did not disappoint and Albon got lucky!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top