Join for free
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 04:48 PM

Re: Wonderful News! (Vaccination trials successful)

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Problematic for some.

https://order-order.com/2020/11/27/l...n-rights-laws/

https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/ne...id-19-vaccine/

It is not compulsory, if an individual has any doubts just decline.
As I understand it, the "Oxford" vaccine is not made like a flu vaccine is (i.e. by growing the proteins in eggs first). It's made in giant cauldron-type vessels - no eggs involved. In any case, there have been questions raised over the 70%/90% effectiveness because the scientists do not understand why a ½dose followed by a full dose gives a much improved response.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:39 AM

The Australian Government has described the emergency approval of a COVID-19 vaccine in Britain as an "important step for the world" but is standing firm on its timeline for vaccinations against coronavirus in Australia to start from March next year.

Interesting comment from the head of Australia's TGA:

Before the British Government announced the news regarding the approval of the Pfizer vaccine, head of the Therapeutic Goods Administration, John Skerritt, told ABC RN Breakfast the UK and US were operating on a very different timeline to the Australian Government because of the stark contrast in the coronavirus caseload.

"They're not approvals that those two countries are talking about, they're emergency use authorisations, and they're really reflecting the desperate situation of those countries," Adjunct Professor Skerritt said.

"We have to remember on many days, day after day the US is having more deaths than we've had in the whole year of the pandemic here in Australia, so it reflects the desperate situation of those countries and these authorisations require the delivery of the vaccine to be very tightly and closely monitored."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...ccine/12944440
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:45 PM

I wish everyone would get vaccinated quickly, because I'm not having the vaccination, and I'm relying on you guys to keep me safe by eradicating Covid before it gets to me.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 01:20 PM

I was listening to the phone in on Radio Scotland this morning, it was about getting the vaccine.......Or not. According to some High Up or Other it seems that those who refuse to have it could be excluded from some places. IE, certain shops, theatres, leisure centres, Hotels, flights, tours ect, the list went on. So it seems we are maybe to be Blackmailed into having it..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 05:07 PM

I'm not sure how they will be able to implement that Roxy. It's not as though people are going to get a vaccine certificate. There's no vaccine passport. Plus anything like that could be forged etc. My guess is that you will be asked to tick a box and if you say yes they will let you book a theatre ticket etc. Such organisations have no permission to access our medical history. So yes the media could speculate to high heaven on this, but the practicalities of implementing such checks are way beyond our current laws and system capabilities. It's interesting that they are saying this as if it's going ahead. When it's in the "too difficult" box in reality.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 05:14 PM

It seems the EU's regulatory body is poo-pooing our peoples' decision to fast-track approval of the Pfizer vaccine saying that we have taken a big risk rather than their slower "more facts based" approvals system. What a load of bovine excreta that is. It just goes to show how slow moving the EU's bureaucracy really is.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...vid-19-vaccine
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 05:20 PM

I thought that the US also criticised our approvals process.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not sure how they will be able to implement that Roxy. It's not as though people are going to get a vaccine certificate. There's no vaccine passport. Plus anything like that could be forged etc. My guess is that you will be asked to tick a box and if you say yes they will let you book a theatre ticket etc. Such organisations have no permission to access our medical history. So yes the media could speculate to high heaven on this, but the practicalities of implementing such checks are way beyond our current laws and system capabilities. It's interesting that they are saying this as if it's going ahead. When it's in the "too difficult" box in reality.
I don't know either maybe something on your phone, everything else seems to be there. I hope that isn't the road it goes down, it will cause a lot of bother.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I was listening to the phone in on Radio Scotland this morning, it was about getting the vaccine.......Or not. According to some High Up or Other it seems that those who refuse to have it could be excluded from some places. IE, certain shops, theatres, leisure centres, Hotels, flights, tours ect, the list went on. So it seems we are maybe to be Blackmailed into having it..
That's awful, talk about being bullied into it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

03-12-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
That's awful, talk about being bullied into it.
Well the guy did say could, not would. Project Fear again? To scare you into having it......maybe.

Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top