Join for free
Page 12 of 25 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:58 PM

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Let them eat Fish.
I thought it was cake Spitty??? LOL!

Donkeyman 👍👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought it was cake Spitty??? LOL!

Donkeyman 👍👍
Huh?
Fish?
Cake?

I thought it was about cherries.

Who's seen the latest update then?
It seems that Monsewer Barmier is trying to introduce " new elements into the negotiation" at the "11th hour" - according to both *spit* Laura Keunnsberg and Sky's Sam Coates.

As Sky reports:
"We don't have the specifics of what has gone wrong, but they are suggesting that this is a material change for the worse and puts in jeopardy hopes - and there had been quite a lot of hopes - that we might get a Brexit deal possibly on Saturday or Sunday this weekend.
They suggest that is now receding."
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-ho...block-12150442

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55182450

Considering there are still warnings that France would veto any "deal" that doesn't suit them (hint: fishing) it really does make you wonder why they are bothering?
It can't trundle on like this forever.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Huh?
Fish?
Cake?

I thought it was about cherries.

Who's seen the latest update then?
It seems that Monsewer Barmier is trying to introduce " new elements into the negotiation" at the "11th hour" - according to both *spit* Laura Keunnsberg and Sky's Sam Coates.

As Sky reports:
"We don't have the specifics of what has gone wrong, but they are suggesting that this is a material change for the worse and puts in jeopardy hopes - and there had been quite a lot of hopes - that we might get a Brexit deal possibly on Saturday or Sunday this weekend.
They suggest that is now receding."
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-ho...block-12150442

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55182450

Considering there are still warnings that France would veto any "deal" that doesn't suit them (hint: fishing) it really does make you wonder why they are bothering?
It can't trundle on like this forever.

I think Barnier is doing it deliberately, asking for stuff he knows he can't get and then using it to blame the UK for not agreeing a deal.

That way France doesn't need to veto and we all get to walk away with everything in place except free trade and quotas
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:06 PM

I don't think that the current negotiations are, actually, about getting a deal.

I am convinced that everything they (EU) are doing, right now, is for one purpose only:-

"pour encourager les autres"

And it's being driven by the French, as I would expect.

Time for some of the other EU Countries to spot the agenda.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I don't think that the current negotiations are, actually, about getting a deal.

I am convinced that everything they (EU) are doing, right now, is for one purpose only:-

Ah yes, the French and their veto!

This is of course the very same France which wants to rewrite swathes of one of the EU's main tenets by having borders within the EU and halting freedom of travel.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I'm sure they will, in time. They're not stupid.

As I've said many times, I believe it is the French who are the expansionist dictators rather than the Germans, on this occasion.

I'm so glad that they're going to be disappointed.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-12-2020, 03:03 PM

“What is certain is that we will not be able to agree a deal that does not respect our fundamental principles on sovereignty and taking back control.”
Those words come from a government spokesman this morning.
Tick Tock Monsewer Barmier.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN28E1OG?il=0
Zaphod
Lincs UK

05-12-2020, 01:26 PM

The Times today has a report which goes into more detail that others I've seen about current Brexit events, entitled "France derails Brexit talks with last-minute demands".

Here's what changed:
' In the parlance of diplomatic language the reference in Michel Barnier’s and Lord Frost’s statement last night to “significant divergences” can be translated as a serious row (Oliver Wright writes). There was no disguising No 10’s anger at the three new demands tabled by the EU.

The first was a variation on a theme — that the UK must be compelled to abide by EU environmental or social rules.

The second is new: that the European Commission is exempt from state aid provisions. This would let the bloc channel money into EU industries, for example for coronavirus recovery plans, while the UK could not.

Finally, on the old sticking point of fishing, the EU will now give up only 18 per cent of their quotas. New arrangements will come into effect after a decade.

The one thing that London and Brussels can agree on is that the new demands were imposed at the insistence of France, with the support of Spain and Italy. '

Basically the French want to be able to subsidise their industry while preventing the UK from doing so, even if it is now outside the EU.
So as well as demanding we give up sovereignty with our seas and with the rule of law they want to hamstring the UK economy!
That is ridiculous, and no wonder talks halted.
So far Boris & co. are sticking to their guns, as indeed they should.
This could well turn out to be the pivotal moment in these so-called "negotiations".

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...ands-2g2pzxpmn
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The Times today has a report which goes into more detail that others I've seen about current Brexit events, entitled "France derails Brexit talks with last-minute demands".

Here's what changed:
' In the parlance of diplomatic language the reference in Michel Barnier’s and Lord Frost’s statement last night to “significant divergences” can be translated as a serious row (Oliver Wright writes). There was no disguising No 10’s anger at the three new demands tabled by the EU.

The first was a variation on a theme — that the UK must be compelled to abide by EU environmental or social rules.

The second is new: that the European Commission is exempt from state aid provisions. This would let the bloc channel money into EU industries, for example for coronavirus recovery plans, while the UK could not.

Finally, on the old sticking point of fishing, the EU will now give up only 18 per cent of their quotas. New arrangements will come into effect after a decade.

The one thing that London and Brussels can agree on is that the new demands were imposed at the insistence of France, with the support of Spain and Italy. '

Basically the French want to be able to subsidise their industry while preventing the UK from doing so, even if it is now outside the EU.
So as well as demanding we give up sovereignty with our seas and with the rule of law they want to hamstring the UK economy!
That is ridiculous, and no wonder talks halted.
So far Boris & co. are sticking to their guns, as indeed they should.
This could well turn out to be the pivotal moment in these so-called "negotiations".

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...ands-2g2pzxpmn
One good consequence is that the press are reporting all of these EU tricks so that we are all well aware of them.
That, in turn, ensures that Boris knows that he is being watched!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 03:52 PM

Hi

Simple fact of life,

Boris says he had an Oven Ready Deal.

Gove said, Nobody voted for No Deal.

Reality they are both lying gits who have been outmanovered by the EU.

We deserve better.

Page 12 of 25 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top