Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 01:41 PM

Changes to UK Farming Subsidies as we leave EU!

The DT is reporting changes to the way farmers get subsidised after we leave the EU!

Hopefully, better for the environment & the buyer, rather than the Farmer's pockets.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...efficient-now/

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 01:55 PM

Re: Changes to UK Farming Subsidies as we leave EU!

Ooh.. Hestletine will be miffed.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:11 PM

Apologies for the way the news data might show on other PCs,

Looks like a trick to discourage cut & paste.

Readable, though!

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 03:29 PM

good good
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:43 PM

Her who's in charge of the NFU was on R4's Today programme this morning wailing and whinging on about this new proposal and how all of our poor farmers are going to go to the wall because they won't be getting the same levels of subsidies as they get now.

Well, excuse me, love, but wouldn't it be better to wait and see what is coming before you get your knickers in a twist?

I was under the impression that this new regime was to help the smaller farmers rather than put a shedload of dosh into the big landowners' pockets, year in, year out.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:56 PM

THE EU coudn't get CAP right in 60 years!
On that basis, even though our reforms SOUND good in theory I'm sure we can allow a few years of tinkering to get to where we need to be.

Our farming is changing anyway because of climate change as well as because of changing trends.

I rarely buy supermarket meat now, in favour of more ethically-reared and better-tasting alternatives that I can source online and even though the price is higher the quality and taste alone is so significantly improved that I (and many others I know) think it worthwhile.
Judging by how busy some of these online companies are it seems apparent that I'm not alone in doing so.

I'm hoping to see similar evolution regarding fruit and vegetables because (be honest) most of what is bought from supermarkets is bland or tasteless compared to"real" produce, as anyone who has ever grown their own spuds/carrots/plums/apples or eaten a fresh melon/avacado/mango/orange abroad will know.

I know there are those that will grumble loudly at these reforms, but I'm hoping that they lead to real benefits for both genuine producers and for consumers.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Her who's in charge of the NFU was on R4's Today programme this morning wailing and whinging on about this new proposal and how all of our poor farmers are going to go to the wall because they won't be getting the same levels of subsidies as they get now.

Well, excuse me, love, but wouldn't it be better to wait and see what is coming before you get your knickers in a twist?

I was under the impression that this new regime was to help the smaller farmers rather than put a shedload of dosh into the big landowners' pockets, year in, year out.
I believe it will take at least 7yrs to complete the reforms so a bit
time to adjust?
Looks like the queen will have to do a lot of adjusting?
Charlie also as his leaseholders will claim the subsidies now???

Donkeyman! 😇😇
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Hi

Riots locally, farmers being tricked into Voting Brexit.

Not what they were promised.

The backlash begins.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Riots locally, farmers being tricked into Voting Brexit.

Not what they were promised.

The backlash begins.
Farmers were not tricked Swimmy ! Most of them were'nt happy
with Brexit in the first place??

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

30-11-2020, 09:41 PM

There was a story, a couple of years ago, about affluent landowners buying up any land which became available, and then dividing it up, and often leaving it fallow, to maximise their subsidies.

Can't remember the link, but realised, at the time, how greedy some of ours are!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top