Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 06:32 PM

Meanwhile in Switzerland

More good news

https://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN28E1HK
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:06 PM

Re: Meanwhile in Switzerland

Originally Posted by Bread ->
More good news

https://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN28E1HK
You're easily pleased, as I read it this is merely a retention of an existing arrangement with a country that has nothing to do with Brexit or at least is not an EU member.

Ho hum...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You're easily pleased, as I read it this is merely a retention of an existing arrangement with a country that has nothing to do with Brexit or at least is not an EU member.

Ho hum...

I take it you haven't been to Switzerland and noy had to apply for a work permit and know what this means ...

Ho hum ...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I take it you haven't been to Switzerland and noy had to apply for a work permit and know what this means ...

Ho hum ...
Good try, I have been to Switzerland but no I haven't had to apply for a work permit however I hope your application is successful. Do let us know how it goes.

Well done, hooray for you!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-12-2020, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Good try, I have been to Switzerland but no I haven't had to apply for a work permit however I hope your application is successful. Do let us know how it goes.

Well done, hooray for you!

Bruce I've worked in Switzerland on and off for 17 years with various work permits. I also lived there.

As an EU member , to work in Switzerland for up to 90 days you don't need a work permit, but the new rule means that UK workers can now work permit free for 90 days in Switzerland even though we have left the block.

This gives our work force in the pharma and finance sectors a great opportunity whereas other countries like yours will have to obtain permits in order to do so. If you've ever done this you will know what a headache this can be especially when people get declined.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:24 PM

For a long time the Swiss have been close in many ways to the UK although it's hardly surprising that some don't realise that.

The Swiss are still fighting against EU demands to integrate more, the sensible peoples that they are.
When the EU tried bullying tactics with the Swiss re: financial services it backfired somewhat and cost the EU dearly.

The Swiss limited EU immigration in 2014 and - as a result of rising tensions caused by the EU - they nearly had what remains of freedom of movement stopped thanks to a vote held in September.

Together with the UK, the Swiss are seeking to form a treaty which will set, they say, a new global standard and which will see global benefits for both the Swiss and the UK.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-u...ng-eu/46021994
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-12-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
For a long time the Swiss have been close in many ways to the UK although it's hardly surprising that some don't realise that.

The Swiss are still fighting against EU demands to integrate more, the sensible peoples that they are.
When the EU tried bullying tactics with the Swiss re: financial services it backfired somewhat and cost the EU dearly.

The Swiss limited EU immigration in 2014 and - as a result of rising tensions caused by the EU - they nearly had what remains of freedom of movement stopped thanks to a vote held in September.

Together with the UK, the Swiss are seeking to form a treaty which will set, they say, a new global standard and which will see global benefits for both the Swiss and the UK.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-u...ng-eu/46021994

When the EU dicks the Swiss over, the Swiss do what they always do and publish what the EU Commission have in their dodgy Swiss bank accounts.

Just like last time

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top