Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:21 PM

Re: Sugar In Yoghurt

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nice that one, isn't it Wrinkly. Not too sweet and sickly.
I have a bowl full every night of the week after my evening meal.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:24 PM

Just dropped in after checking my bridge results(that is addictive) just a spoonful of sugar etc-and who remembers Lucozade?sp-full of sugar and yet was good for us-sugar ,like salt in moderation
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Most folks wouldn't eat yoghurt without sugar, because it can taste quite sour.
Prefer the Greek total myself.
Then there is clearly something inherently wrong. The foods we eat ought not be offensive to us. If we can only stomach a food by adding high levels of sugar then we ought not be doing it, there is something not right in that as a solution.
In effect all we are doing . . . is eating sugar and finding some excuse to disguise its presence.

In my head "I think" I like yoghurt. "I think" that I like its taste and texture but if that is purely because it contains a ton of sugar which is falsely triggering pleasure receptors in my brain then I am deluding myself.

I no longer eat much yoghurt at all. It is a clear con, a scam, and one I will not participate in any longer. Nor will I support these questionable corporations like Danone, Actimel and Yakult who simply ply us with more sugar in products they tout as healthy. They are no different to drug pimps, trying to find more and more stealthy ways to get us to take their drug.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
and who remembers Lucozade?
Good shout out OG. Lucozade, another terrible product. One small 380ml bottle contains 8 full teaspoons of sugar.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Not yet...still looking....bloody hard to find in supermarkets,but I'm sure they're out there....sugar is My enemy which I fight every day...Anti-biotics caused Me a big prob' years ago,and sugar exacerbates it.

May darlin' you're on a 'lost cause'. Irrespective of whether the 'manufacturers put additional sugar in yoghurts, there is still a 'natural' sugar in it called lactose.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
May darlin' you're on a 'lost cause'. Irrespective of whether the 'manufacturers put additional sugar in yoghurts, there is still a 'natural' sugar in it called lactose.
Fructose UJ, lactose is milk.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Aye I know UJ,it's in almost everything except meat & veg'.....I just keep a look-out for ADDED sugars,,after all..I'm sweet enough as it is
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I like the Greek 'Total' low fat yogs as well May. Very nice.
Me too Mups,but usually when it says low fat,it's has a higher sugar content..Ye canny win
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 08:54 AM

I have eaten stacks of sugar in my life and I am not fat, I have led an active life so burnt it off as I go.
But couch potatoes who sit there watching the goggle box all their lives can expect to be obese.
It is down to ones metabolism we are not all the same.
If you work but don't have what I call a physical job you need to exercise.
I don't like folks telling me what I can eat or can"t eat, they don't know me.
I agree with you Wrinkly. If you exercise you burn it off. How many times have we been told not to eat so and so. Butter a fine example recently in the news again. My grandmother used to eat all the fat off the Sunday joint and lived well into her late 80's. I intend to eat what I want. I exercise and quite happy with my appearance
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 09:14 AM

Fructose UJ, lactose is milk.

No matey, LACTOSE, precisely because its main constituent is milk. There's only Fructose in it if you happen to add fruit into the yoghurt too.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top