Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:50 PM

camcorder, fix or throw?

My 9 year old Panasonic camcorder started cutting out after about 5 seconds. Damn I thought means getting a new one. Well my train of thought was if it is going to be scrapped lets open it up anyway.
As I already have the magnatic tipped tools it makes the job easier

Looking up on how to on youtube one person had the same problem and it was down to the cooling fan in the camcorder not working causing the camcorder to cut out to stop overheating.

So tried to remove the side cover

but could only manage to open up a small gap on the joins to get to the fan, by using a rocket power seemed to do the trick.

Put it all back together and it now works ok
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:44 PM

Re: camcorder, fix or throw?

Throw
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:45 PM

I thought you asked a question realspeed
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I thought you asked a question realspeed

I did more or less did hypothetically speaking. It was a thought that went through my mind before I fixed it
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 12:36 AM

A nine year old camcorder with a fan. Bleeding obvious - in the bin it goes. What resolution does it have? - not 4K I bet. It is just about worth the time it takes to transport it to the garbage bin.

Your new compact camera will do a much better job, that camcorder is just cluttering your house.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:51 AM

Pitch it short..make it a bouncer. Aim for the bin. Just don't rub it with sandpaper first...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-03-2021, 09:48 AM

Bruce
Not much point in having 4k if you don't have a 4k TV or monitor. That compact of mine has 4K but for that reason I never use it.one thing though it can record to internal memory or SD card or both which is a nice feature.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Bruce
Not much point in having 4k if you don't have a 4k TV or monitor. That compact of mine has 4K but for that reason I never use it.one thing though it can record to internal memory or SD card or both which is a nice feature.
The point with 4k is that you can reduce the resolution, use a section of the screen (which remains HD) and/or get moderately decent stills from it.

Chuck it in the bin, it's rubbish.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-03-2021, 10:09 AM

with the adapter it can record in 3D
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

27-03-2021, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
with the adapter it can record in 3D
Let's face it 3D is a fad that has come and gone since the early days of cinema, it has never lasted and just reappears when all the previous attempts have been forgotten.

Throw it, that camcorder is just a waste of space in all dimensions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top