Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 02:55 PM

Re: Solar Eclipse

didn't see a thing so went back to bed for a snooze
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 03:06 PM

Sadly as expected cloud cover was heavy, managed a few shots, but not what i was after, and yes just as the eclipse was over, clear blue skies .

The start.

The usual view.

Receding.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Better shot than i managed Alan, i went to my local lake to try for a photograph,heavy cloud cover but a few glimpses, the effect on the local wildfowl was immediate. The Swans left the water, and the very vocal Tufted ducks went quiet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 05:51 PM

You must have an excellent camera Nom.
It went dark-ish here, rather like there was some heavy rain on its way. It didn't go anywhere near as dark as I imagined it would. Then it been a beautiful, warm, sunny day ever since.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:08 PM

Same here, Mups.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sadly as expected cloud cover was heavy, managed a few shots, but not what i was after, and yes just as the eclipse was over, clear blue skies .

The start.

The usual view.

Receding.

Great Pictures Nom
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

20-03-2015, 07:21 PM

Thanks my camera is a very old compact Mups as both my DSLRs are broken, so i have had to go back to digiscoping. putting it to the eyepiece of telescope i use for birding.

Its very hit and miss because focusing is a nightmare. Its only a 4mp camera most phones would wipe the floor with it and kick its tiny butt into the corner

At least i saw it as the forecast had said no chance, apparently a supermoon tonight as well.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:37 PM

Cloudy here, so OH & I watched it on TV instead. Just like the 1999 eclipse.
Not long after, today, the clouds parted & we had a warm & sunny day. Typical!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Beautifully clear and amazing here. I thought at first we would miss it as some large black clouds arrived but they soon passed over.

Made the cats very unsettled - they paced about like caged Tigers, and it became quite cold for a while. Afterward we had a lovely, warm, sunny day.

I can quite understand why people used to fear eclipses.
Dozeymare
Kent, UK
Dozeymare is female  Dozeymare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I remember the last one when my son was a junior in 1999,and Blue Peter programme told you how to look at it using a piece of white paper we followed their instructions and i took a photo of the eclispe on the paper.Depending on the time and cloud I may or may not see it ..
oh gosh I remember it well ... Took my infant school,children to Bognor Regis to visit grandparents at their static caravan and we made a pinhole camera type thing to view that eclipse... Oh the memories!!!

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top