Join for free
Page 5 of 24 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:41 AM

Re: Should smoking be banned outside?

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hello S/T,..do you check out the chefs at the restaurant's, that you eat at?...or dont you mind if a chef smokes?..there are plenty who do,quick old puff outside the back of restaurant, i see it here,we have an Indian restaurant near,puts me right off when i see that,..just to add,it's not just the chef that smokes,just think about it,many different people work in a kitchen.
That's an interesting thought. Do people really have such an aversion to smokers?
There are loads of hospital staff who have a quick puff.
What if the surgeon or the nurse who was about to wheel someone into surgery had just nipped out for a fag.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:17 AM

When l read that Peter Stringfellow died of lung cancer, l immediately assumed he was a heavy smoker, then l read that he didn’t smoke.
Thinking about it, it must’ve been due to his previous smoke filled nightclubs?

Like Bakerman, l react the same to strong perfumes and aftershaves. I feel like l am being poisoned!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hello S/T,..do you check out the chefs at the restaurant's, that you eat at?...or dont you mind if a chef smokes?..there are plenty who do,quick old puff outside the back of restaurant, i see it here,we have an Indian restaurant near,puts me right off when i see that,..just to add,it's not just the chef that smokes,just think about it,many different people work in a kitchen.
I would not eat in a restaurant or hotel that allowed smoking in their kitchens. If the chef/staff choose to smoke outside fair enough - it is not near the food.

I do not want to stop people smoking - it is their free choice - just don't do it near me - that is my free choice.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:33 AM

It doesn't bother me either,where people choose to smoke,as long as it's not in my house,my next door neighbours smoke,outside,the smell doesn't bother me,no more than the guy who comes down the street,revving the guts out of his car,and fills the air with polluted fumes,he's just thinking about himself and the fun he is having ..but the thought of a chef,having a quick puff,then preparing someone's food,yuck,....but i do take that chance,like if someone invites me out for a meal.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:35 AM

We’ve just come back from a holiday on Gran Canaria. The hotel we stayed in had an outside bar where people could smoke and you had to hold your nose when you walked through to the main bar. Same in Majorca last year, there was a lovely outside terrace covered in vines but the smokers all congregated there and it really stank.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would not eat in a restaurant or hotel that allowed smoking in their kitchens. If the chef/staff choose to smoke outside fair enough - it is not near the food.

I do not want to stop people smoking - it is their free choice - just don't do it near me - that is my free choice.
My OH has to go to several posh hotels as part of his job and at every one of them kitchen staff and chefs stand outside smoking at the back of the hotel. He says they then go back in and start cooking without even washing their hands.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:00 AM

Of course smoking shouldn't be banned outside, when all the smokers have been singled out and put to sleep, what next moves to the top of the irritation list of the holier than thou brigade?
A tax on sugar to prevent obesity? Oh....wait a minute!...

I smoked twenty a day for over thirty years and it never did me any harm......
Well...Apart from two Heart Attacks.....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Of course smoking shouldn't be banned outside, when all the smokers have been singled out and put to sleep, what next moves to the top of the irritation list of the holier than thou brigade?
A tax on sugar to prevent obesity? Oh....wait a minute!...

I smoked twenty a day for over thirty years and it never did me any harm......
Well...Apart from two Heart Attacks.....

That says it all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Well I've just come back from Tenerife and smoking is commonplace in the restaurants and cafe bars there, as it is around most of Europe.
I realise what I haven't missed when I was eating my breakfast or an evening meal and it's being contaminated by filthy, antisocial, selfish individuals who have not a care in the world for people enjoying their food which they want to enjoy tasting without suffering the unwelcome addition of those vile individuals and their failing internal organs puffing out smoke into my space. It's disgusting.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:48 PM

I still saw a couple of people smoking outside the hospital buildings today. It's meant to be banned from the entire grounds.

There is a shelter which is only for vapers, but smokers use it anyway.

Page 5 of 24 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top