Join for free
Page 48 of 164 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:28 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Thanks Mags, I'm just about back to normal now.
I just had two paracetamols on the first night (erm, gosh I have to work out what day that was now - Thurs! - I've lost Friday somewhere along the way).
I'm not one for medicines, but figured they might help.

I was more p*ssed off than worried TBH. I'm so anti medication and it went against the grain to have the jab, as I know my body can be iffy with medicines and things.
But....
.... one has to do these things for Queen and country eh?

Not sure what to do about the 2nd one though. Jab and be poorly or no jab and......

Glad you are feeling better Pesta.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No need to feel sorry for me Meg & Mags, I am fine now & just like Pesta 2 paracetamol got rid of the discomfort I felt.
I only posted about my reaction to let people know that it was normal... so no need to worry!
Mind you I have had to change the bedding as it was very damp!
Sorry to hear you also had a bad reaction Twink. I suppose it's down to the luck of the draw with this vaccine. Glad you are feeling better.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
Thanks Twink55 all I can think is that it will be done very quickly. All I've got to do is actually turn up!
Exactly... see you are already starting to get over this phobia.

I have to give myself 4 injections a day & believe me, the more you get used to it the more you wonder why you were ever scared.
I hope you are staying here, because 12 weeks later you will be having the second jab & we will all be so proud of you when you tell us how you bravely went for that one.

We like to work as a team here, so keep us up to date with your progress and we can all raise a glass to your acheivment .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-02-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Would climbing trees, swinging through their branches and eating bananas with their skins on help you to finish making your cupboard?
Probably not but I would have something bigger to focus on.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

07-02-2021, 12:33 PM

Thanks Artangel - I wish I wasn't like it, I think there must have been some incident when I was too young to remember that caused it. I will just have to steel myself to it as you say.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

07-02-2021, 12:34 PM

Thanks all I will let you know when it's done. Nothing booked yet, still waiting, I'm 67.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-02-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The only advice I can offer is just look away and keep still. I'm sorry I do better.
I agree. I'm in no way needle phobic but I never look when I'm having a jab. I just sit and imagine something nice like a doughnut and a cup of coffee.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry to hear you also had a bad reaction Twink. I suppose it's down to the luck of the draw with this vaccine. Glad you are feeling better.
Thanks Dongle.
I only felt ill from bedtime on Friday till about 9am Saturday... but I feel great now!
My next jab is 27th April , so I may pretend to feel ill again & let my sister get up to look after the cats. I cant remember the last time I was still in bed later than
7.15!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Just had to quote my own post re the itchy nose and sneezing. That turned out to be the precursor for what lay ahead.

About an hour or so after the job, I started with a painful neck and shoulders which I thought was connected to having my shoulders up worrying about having something I was against. it wasn't.

Through the course of the afternoon my whole body ached - neck, shoulders, back, hips, thighs, calves, hands, my nose was chock a block and I looked like Andrew Lloyd Webber around the eyes, my face felt full up. My chest felt like a sledge hammer had been at it. I was either too hot or shivering. Also had a productive cough, felt totally banjaxed and was in bed asleep by 8.30pm.

Yesterday I spent the whole day flat out on the settee, mostly asleep (which isn't like me even when I'm ill). Another go to bed at 8.30pm. Slept until 9.00am today and feel almost back to normal. My eyes still look gross but I feel a zillion times better within myself.

So as usual my itchy nose and sneezing I had after the jab was telling my body of something it didn't like for me

My sister had her jab yesterday (the Oxford one, same as myself) and she had a 'wave of tiredness' that lasted about an hour and a half and her arm was/is sore. At least my arm is fine, which is a positive!

What irritates is that one is supposed to log reactions with the 'yellow card' scheme. But on looking into it, it's an App or go online to do it. No way am I going online giving my personal details out and I've a dumb phone.

I remember reading somewhere recently that 20,000 people have reported reactions and it's believed there's many more who haven't reported them. Makes me wonder how many like myself, don't do online stuff - therefore making the figures wrong.

BTW re querying about being notified of the 2nd appt - I wasn't given one after my jab (not that it bothers me).
I was called to arrange my jab via letter and phone call from GP surgery.
After the jab I was told it would be between 4weeks and whatever it was after that (I've forgotten basically)

My sister arranged her appt online and she was given her 2nd appt then too.

Just wondered if that has any bearing.
Sorry to read that Pesta, you been one of my heroes and all....

It's on my list of worries after I once had the flu jab and spent the next three weeks in a sick bed....Life's too short these days, and there's too much to be done to risk an attack of the heeby geebies.....Although this Gout has slowed me down a bit, I wonder if I can get vaccinated for Gout....
Ember
New Member!
United Kingdom
Ember is female 

07-02-2021, 04:56 PM

I am due to get mine tomorrow but snow is forecast and it does get bad up here in the hills

Page 48 of 164 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top