Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 07:20 PM

The Crown - Netflix

Has anyone been watching this Netflix series?

I've never been much of a Royal although I do like the queen and William and loved Diana but I decided to watch this as I heard it was good.
I'm really enjoying it, I've binge watched 3 episodes this afternoon and I'm hooked, it's excellent.

I've never really been struck on Prince Philip, but their marriage must have been and be so strong to survive and I admire him for sticking with the Queen. It must have been hard for the Queen to have been crowned at such a young age, I think she has done the Royal Family so proud and I have a lot of respect for her.

I'm sure she would have preferred to have had a private life but she was born into the Royals and she graciously took on the role. Had Edward not abdicated she wouldn't have been Queen, I never knew the Queen Mother couldn't forgive Edward as she felt her husband wouldn't have died at such a young age had he not have become king, I think Queen Mother felt the pressure of being King took her husband well before time.

Excellent, excellent, compulsive viewing. I can't wait until the bit with charles and Diana comes into it.

I cried when Lord Mountbatten died in the series, very good acting indeed.

I like the naughty Princess Margaret too, she was such a character.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Re: The Crown - Netflix

I’ll try not to spoil it for you. Let me know when you get to Season 4
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I’ll try not to spoil it for you. Let me know when you get to Season 4
ooooo I can;t wait, I'm going to binge watch some more tomorrow. I haven't been engrossed in a series like I am this for a long time, in fact, I don't really watch much TV but this is riveting.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:16 PM

I had season three on DVD for one of my Christmas presents.

We haven't got Netflix so I'm a year behind.

I loved series one & two and can't wait to start viewing Series three.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:51 PM

I have watched a few of these episodes and have found them mildly enjoyable although they have done nothing to lessen the utter hatred and contempt I feel for all of them.
Some of the casting seems a bit odd but Matt Smith's Prince Philip was an excellent fit.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:00 AM

LQ I love it too and I've watched the whole lot twice . It gets even better. I think the actress who plays princess Anne is excellent.

Enjoy and dont feel guilty sitting watching , I did 6 episodes in 1 day 😁
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I have watched a few of these episodes and have found them mildly enjoyable although they have done nothing to lessen the utter hatred and contempt I feel for all of them.
Some of the casting seems a bit odd but Matt Smith's Prince Philip was an excellent fit.
I agree. I also thought the actor who played Churchill was brilliant.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 07:55 AM

I loved it too LQ it left me wondering how true to life it was especially when Diana comes into it....the girl who played Diana is spookily good .. Let's know what you think when you've seen it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top