Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:57 PM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

I believe with someone I cannot name a few posts back
I also believe that we will have to end up leaving without a deal just to get the whole thing over with, the EU off our backs and shut Corbyn up, shut the wealthy remainers up and the rest of the dubious and shady dodgy people behind the scenes who are only hanging around to make things even worse.

We will leave, let it all die down and then the government will be able to pick up the pieces and sort out this crazy backward and laughable country of ours and do their job. It's just a shame about all the money they have wasted which could have been put to better use.

The Tories will stay in (Sadly), Corbyn will have to step down, Nigel will vanish (for a while) until he sees an opportunity to play his ace card - whatever he may have up his sleeve next.

I think we'll all be worse off for a short while until the government gets its act back together and when it does we'll carry on regardless as if nothing had ever happened.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I believe with someone I cannot name a few posts back
I also believe that we will have to end up leaving without a deal just to get the whole thing over with, the EU off our backs and shut Corbyn up, shut the wealthy remainers up and the rest of the dubious and shady dodgy people behind the scenes who are only hanging around to make things even worse.
You get another chance in januari 2020. If the composition of the HoC isn't drastically changed, it will be a repetition of moves. And another extension.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
That's where your misunderstanding lies. If the EU grants an extension, the leaving date is set in international law. The UK cannot unilateraly change that.

I'm afraid it is YOU that has misunderstood. Nobody is suggesting any extension deadline is changed.

What I am saying is that what our current corrupt EU stooge MPs have done is create a Bill to prevent us taking the perfectly legal and legitimate option of simply walking away from the EU. It's a thoroughly despicable move for which they will be punished in due course, but it is a Bill voted for by Parliament.

Once Parliament is purged of EU stooges via a General Election and instead replaced with honourable MPs willing to mete out the mandate they were given 3 years ago, THEN we can revisit that Bill and have a vote on whether to repeal it, which will duly happen.

Then we can once again get back on track with pursuing No Deal to maximise our negotiating position.

The people WILL have their way
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You get another chance in januari 2020. If the composition of the HoC isn't drastically changed, it will be a repetition of moves. And another extension.
Surely there has got to be another way, Solasch. This will just go on and on and on like this forever.
I wonder what other countries have done in the past who have separated from various controlling bodies. I can't think of any right now apart from those who have found independence via war.
There are plenty of arguments everywhere from politicians, the media, people on forums...but nobody has the solution. That's because there isn't one.
Even if we had another referendum, would it make any difference and why would people change their minds?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:02 PM

Surely there has got to be another way, Solasch. This will just go on and on and on like this forever.
I wonder what other countries have done in the past who have separated from various controlling bodies. I can't think of any right now apart from those who have found independence via war.
There are plenty of arguments everywhere from politicians, the media, people on forums...but nobody has the solution. That's because there isn't one.
Even if we had another referendum, would it make any difference and why would people change their minds?
I'm a bit in dubio and just not sure. You now have forced boris to send a letter to request an extension based on article 50(3). That part is about ratifying a withdrawal deal. I wonder, is boris asking for another extension to ratify the present withdrawal deal? First of all, the present extension for exactly that purpose. Because if so, the EU might well refuse an extension. An extension will undoubtedly be granted for a referendum or GE. But not for renegotiation of the WA.

If you are really convinced that a referendum will render the same result as in 2016, just go along. But I wonder why so many brexiters are afraid of another referendum.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-09-2019, 11:14 PM

I'm just a tiny cog in the wheel over here, Solasch and if there were another referendum I would still vote leave. I also think that the government are being patronising toward their public if they think we will suddenly want to change our minds and vote remain.
We have seen how the EU operate in this climate over the past three years. How we are treated.
How anybody who voted leave last time would suddenly want to vote remain and be under control of those greedy, devious bastards would need their heads testing.
And with Ireland being typically militant (and why should they not be tbh?), that is a further obstacle which will not be climbed.
Stalemate, I'm afraid. We will carry on in turmoil until hell freezes over I'm afraid.

Got any jobs going in the Netherlands mate? I'm tired of this desperate dump.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-09-2019, 11:25 PM

I'm just a tiny cog in the wheel over here, Solasch and if there were another referendum I would still vote leave. I also think that the government are being patronising toward their public if they think we will suddenly want to change our minds and vote remain.
We have seen how the EU operate in this climate over the past three years. How we are treated.
How anybody who voted leave last time would suddenly want to vote remain and be under control of those greedy, devious bastards would need their heads testing.
And with Ireland being typically militant (and why should they not be tbh?), that is a further obstacle which will not be climbed.
Stalemate, I'm afraid. We will carry on in turmoil until hell freezes over I'm afraid.

Got any jobs going in the Netherlands mate? I'm tired of this desperate dump.
Not for a moment I think leavers will change colour. But there are changes in numbers due to age, and the young tend to vote more proEU.
And a number of voters that stayed home in 2016 might come up in 2019. Anybody's guess how the will vote.

Nothing much happening over here. News programs full of your HoC. Here we love john bercow. He provides great tv entertainment
He was over here as a guest in some shows. And he visited our HoC to see how it is here. Dull, dull, dull. John would be welcome to take over anytime.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-09-2019, 11:37 PM

I think there are three distinct areas of the public who voted leave who may change their minds.
In 2016, one of the biggest problems was immigratio and a lot of people used their votes thinking that that was the biggest reason to leave the EU. In hindsight, the immigration issue barely made any headlines within the whole scope of the Brexit fiasco. Those people would maybe think again.

Another issue people didn't maybe think about was that of trade and business between other countries if left the EU. That has been perhaps the greatest worry and I reckon many would change their stance there too.

Lastly, it's the fundamental reality of whether we can basically survive. Food, medicine, jobs...will all this be affected?

At the end of the day nobody really knows either way, but since the referendum many of these points have reared their ugly head.

I still think that most of the people who voted leave in the first place would still do so though.
In fact, haven't the EU said we must anyway?

I don't normally speak too much about politics as a rule but I've been so absolutely bored being off sick that I've regained some interest.

Good night Solasch
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:23 AM

"No matter what happens Cinderella and Lion Queen, the General Election WILL eventually come, and when it does, we can give our answer to everything that has happened, en-masse. "

If they (The Tories) keep delaying the next election, it could be years before there is one.

They will do tactical replacement, of Boris & others, as necessary, and get back into remain mode over that time.

I think that the Brexit Party is looking best placed to focus the public - but how long might we have to wait?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
So, so far, when and if we ever leave on 31st no-deal will already be off the table, barring a miracle. Nigel has said it has to be ON the table for him to work and cooperate with Boris with tactical voting in the General Election, He has vowed that he will put candidates forward in every single constituency. That will no doubt split the leave vote and put Corbyn in by default. I hope the turds who have taken over the British Government business will be really proud of themselves. I hope every big business, banks, Finance houses, Media moguls, the SW1 Luvvies and Celebrities, all of the whole elitist turds - get everything that will be falling on them from a great height. It won't be enough! but it will be the turn of the 17.4 million plus who have had to endure the same for the past 3 years, to have our turn to snigger, sneer and lap it up as Corbyn and his pals turn them all upside down and take all their money off them. By that time, I will be so past caring, I won't give a stuff about any of them. I will never bother voting again. Good luck!
That's how they want you to think, SG!

I'm hoping that you do stay in the fight.

You put in some of the best arguments for the Brexiteers.

Don't leave us now, please!

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top