Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Think I have failed the DVLA eye test

Today I want to SpecSavers for the DVLA eye test and i think i have failed.

The test room is next to the shop front with a waiting area just outside. The noise from the shop and people talking outside kept distracting my. Not only that but the hearing test is only a few feet away with people talking loudly

The field test for those who do know requires you to look at a dot on a screen through a small window and see green lights appearing around the dot at different places and brightness.

This requires a certain amount of concentration and noise of people talking and kids doesn't help.

So I have sent an email to their head office suggesting the test area has a door at least between the shop and test area waiting room.

Will have to see what happens next
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Re: Think I have failed the DVLA eye test

Might be a bit late to complain now, Bazza.

Didn't you tell them at the time that you couldn't concentrate with all the distractions?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 04:43 PM

Realspeed, l agree with you. I would complain.

Those tests are bad enough without noise from outside. When l took my last eye test with that green light, they had to re-do it.
I wasn’t comfortable in the chair and felt my head wasn’t in the frame properly. I also had an itchy nose that l wanted to scratch and l just couldn’t concentrate properly.

I feel the setting and the atmosphere of where this important test is taken, has to be perfect.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 04:45 PM

It certainly does require a lot of concentration and staring at that central dot doesn't help.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Might be a bit late to complain now, Bazza.

Didn't you tell them at the time that you couldn't concentrate?
Yes I did to the manager but it is the usual fob off "no one else has complained". That is because I suspect no one has the balls to do so.

I am the type of person that will praise for good service even for goods ordered on the internet and tell them so.

If there is something not right then I also say so, not enough people do they just accept , which is where we fall down on accepting bad service.

Believe me i have and do wait until say a saturday with a shop full and demand to see the manager in a very loud voice with the complaint so everyone can hear

Typical example i some years ago ordered some louvre doors for one of my previous homes. i was assured they would be in and ready for collection in a few days time on a definate date.

Well I went into the shop and told they didn't have them.
You should have been there it was a picture, one couple ordered double cupboard fronts and had a go at me.

I said you had better check before you go and when they unpacked the parcel one door was red and the other blue on the same frame. That started another customer complain on the same day. A good few customers then left.

Now too old to be messed about by poor service or inadaquate facilities and I let them know. it is amazing what a letter or email can do to head office.

Now i always challenge a ticket price, shops usually knock off a few quid to get the sale

Just thought about another time I wanted to buy a new Volvo 240DL estate. So one lunch time i went into a showroom in new malden Surrey and had a look at one in their showroom new models.

This ignorant middle age salesman saw me in my BT work gear and asked if he could help.

It went something like this
me "I have a volvo 140 estate and thinking about buying one if these 240 versions"
Salesman " Sonny when you have the money come back and see me"

What he didn't know or ask if i could afford it, which in this case i could from part of the estate my late parents left me. So i had the cash to buy outright.

Well that got me and it continued

Me " how do you know i can't afford it?"
salesman " listen sonny don't waste my time"

that really did it
Me in a very very loud voice

"Call yourself a salesman ,you need to be sacked"

By this time the manager had come downstairs and asked what the problem was so I said I had the money to buy the car for cash and your salesman told me sonny go away more or less.
I said if this is the standard of selling how bad is he servicing.

Obviously the manager tried to rescue the situation and sent the salesman away but it was too late. Eventually i got one from Volvos of banstead Surrey
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 05:06 PM

Do you mean the test they do for peripheal vision, where you have to quickly spot the little dots as they come and disappear again?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-09-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you mean the test they do for peripheal vision, where you have to quickly spot the little dots as they come and disappear again?
yes they are a sod to see every one, they ran the test 3 times. I know fron the hospital graphs i have a blank area in one eye. The test needs both eyes together with glasses if worn which counter acts this failing. This is what I think has caused me to not pass the DVLA visual test

Sailed through the letter size test no problems there. So only got a licence to drive until the end on November, then it bus walk or Sue driving. Already got a bus pass.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
yes they are a sod to see every one, they ran the test 3 times. I know fron the hospital graphs i have a blank area in one eye
realspeed, Why do you ‘think’ you failed? Didn’t the optician tell you at the time whether you’d passed or not?

I was told on the day, that my eyesight was ok. I didn’t have to wait to hear.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-09-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
realspeed, Why do you ‘think’ you failed? Didn’t the optician tell you at the time whether you’d passed or not?

I was told on the day, that my eyesight was ok. I didn’t have to wait to hear.

they say it is down to the DVLA to say you can or can't drive when you have to take a DVLA eye test. SpecSavers have no authority to even give an opinion. It is a DVLA test and they go into your medical history as well first as you have to give permission for them to do it with your local heath authority. Tell a lie on the form and bang goes your licence for good. In my case gleucoma

I think it is the field test i have failed on

it is not the same as just going to an optician who can say yes or no.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
they say it is down to the DVLA to say you can or can't drive when you have to take a DVLA eye test. SpecSavers have no authority to even give an opinion. It is a DVLA test and they go into your medical history as well first as you have to give permission for them to do it with your local heath authority. Tell a lie on the form and bang goes your licence for good. In my case gleucoma

I think it is the field test i have failed on

it is not the same as just going to an optician who can say yes or no.
Oh, l see now. I didn’t know you had Glaucoma.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top