Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Re: Having to get up in the night.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Just lately I find I'm waking up about 5.30 am needing to go to the loo.

Problem is I can't get back to sleep at that time so I stay up. This makes me feel wretched later on in the day.

Anybody else have this problem?
I'm the same Carol, I either have to get up for myself or else my little dog needs to go outside, it's usually one or the other - and sometimes both!

If I can't get back to sleep I listen to my audio book and that makes me feel drowsy after a while. I can't read a normal book in bed because I like to read lying down and my specs won't stay on
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I long for coffee when I wake up.

I know I just couldn't get back into bed & go to sleep until I've quenched my thirst for coffee..

So I have a mug of it & feel wide awake. (for a while)
Sorry Carol you say you couldn't etc?
If you were deprived of the means of making ( or do you take a flask to bed)and drinking it you could so why not try being more severe with yourself ? Coffee is a stimulant so you're not respecting your body's need for sleep time .

I get up twice during the night ,it's not unnatural as we get older .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 12:37 PM

I get up at least once a night for a pee (usually around 4:00am) but then listen to something on my MP3 player (set to knock off after 30 mins) to get me back to kip again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I get up at least once a night for a pee (usually around 4:00am) but then listen to something on my MP3 player (set to knock off after 30 mins) to get me back to kip again.
And check LTP of course.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 03:31 PM

I usually have to get up for the loo once a night, usually between 4 -5.00am. More often than not I cannot get back to sleep again so I know how you feel Carol
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:54 PM

I need to get up most night nowadays too, but fortunately I am asleep again almost as soon as my head touches the pillow.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 12:58 AM

I'm usually good for a couple of trips to the loo each night, but like Mups, usually go right back to sleep - - - fortunately.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But she is Carol. She was a minute ago anyway

That's why I mentioned decaf, Carol. A hot drink without the wired effect
Haha Floydy. Lol

I agree with the decaf idea though
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
I'm usually good for a couple of trips to the loo each night, but like Mups, usually go right back to sleep - - - fortunately.
Same here.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:11 AM

I wake at around 5.30 a.m and after visiting the loo, put the radio on and listen to LBC. It keeps me interested in those early hours but quite often, it can also have the effect of sending me back to sleep.

Either way, I can usually function well enough throughout the day on around 5-6 hours sleep a night, plus a doze on the sofa after lunch.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top