Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:45 AM

Re: Personalised number plates

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Young lad showing off springs to mind, Susan.
Must have a very good job or otherwise he's paying a big car loan with it?
Yes Floydy like a lot of his generation it's on the plastic but he does have collateral in his house and as he said if things turn upside down he can always sell it . He works hard has no wife or kids and loves cars
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes Floydy like a lot of his generation it's on the plastic but he does have collateral in his house and as he said if things turn upside down he can always sell it . He works hard has no wife or kids and loves cars
Well there's nothing wrong with that if he's earned it and he's sensible enough to pay the instalments.
Hopefully he knows how to drive a car like that sensibly also. Too many people think they are the world's best drivers when in fact they are the worst because they don't stick to the rules.
Hope your son enjoys his car
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My son arrived in his new boxter porsch ( I think it's called that ! ) yesterday also with his personal number plate .

A lovely looking car ( he parked beside my little 11 year old sea't ) even I loved it . He opened the Porsche passenger door as I fell unladylike into the deep leather seats trying to righten myself without looking like a grey haired overweight ole biddy . Son starts the engine it roared or purred not sure which and we set off on a show off drive . I'm trying to sit low in the seat as I dont want to embarrass my lad driving his old mum about . Thank God it was raining or he would have pressed the button to remove the roof for the world to see us both . Some may have looked at the old lady with her toy boy and others looked and thought the young lad with his rich old lady .

At one point he pressed a button and the twin exhausts roared and pushed the car with such a shove I hung on to the door handle as he laughed at the joy of owning his new Boxter Porsche. What a smashing car and quite powerful , I'd hate it as I couldn't control the beautiful beast .

Arriving home I managed to push the passenger door open making it a bit difficult cause we were on a slant then I hauled myself out of the seat legs splaying and kicking trying to get upright out of the sloping car finally son grabs my arms as we both tug and pull to get me out of the deep bucket seats . Embarrassing or what ....neighbours watching through net curtains.

Son worked hard to buy his beautiful Porsche he earned every penny and deserves his moments of joy even with his personalised number plate .

P.S. once upon a time I would have sexily put one stilleto heeled shoe onto the pavement then slid ladylike out of the Porsche with a gentle push of the hips as I alighted looking glamorous.

I'll say no more
Love the post.
Back along my Daughter won a Vauxhall VX220 sports car. I had the same problem trying to get in & out of it.
That car is long gone, but she has her personal number plate on her van now. She has owned it for a long time & has had it on various cars, but she never put it on the VX.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A*5 0LE can't fathom out the letter R is as a number 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 or0 nearest is the letter 4 is my guess

Show plates really mess up legit plates and illegal on the road
A125 0LE. Makes the 1&2 look like an R. I did something similar to make a P until the cops pulled me over for it and made me change it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
why put "baby on board" in the back window of a car? who driving behind cares if they have a baby on not, Nothing special, all families have a baby at some time or other.

Realspeed, my understanding is that the original thinking behind the "baby on board" sticker was to alert the emergency services of the fact in the case of an accident/fire, etc.
More of a boast about how fertile the parents are perhaps? It's like the ones with 'Grandchild' on board, it's all about the boasting, not for emergency services.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 01:49 PM

I had a personal plate H15 SFA which are my initials the reason so nobody new how old my car was

The down side was at our golf club there were three other cars all Jags with H15 then their initials so if we all parked next to each other we looked like a hire fleet
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 02:56 PM

I couldn't have personal plate with the SFA acronym.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 03:32 PM

Yes I know I hate the Scots too Scottish Football Association
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 10:17 PM

I have a personalised plate...a 50th birthday present to myself and it went straight on to the car I bought from new 6 months later. As it looks like any normal plate, with the same set of letters and numbers, it doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb, but is completely personal to me. Why? Well, why not? It’s one thing I am very proud of and will retain for as long as I am driving.

I’ll leave Emjay or Carol to answer what sort of person they think I am.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have a personalised plate...a 50th birthday present to myself and it went straight on to the car I bought from new 6 months later. As it looks like any normal plate, with the same set of letters and numbers, it doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb, but is completely personal to me. Why? Well, why not? It’s one thing I am very proud of and will retain for as long as I am driving.

I’ll leave Emjay or Carol to answer what sort of person they think I am.
Jazzi, We all spend our money in different ways and no one should feel bad for purchasing something they like. If it makes us happy, great!
You only come this way once.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top