Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Ryanair, luggage

I have never travelled Ryanair, and the latest news doesn't do it any favours.

Ryanair has raised the cost for passengers taking luggage in the hold of its planes from 30 euros to 50 euros (£43.60) for the summer.
The no-frills carrier's chief executive Michael O'Leary, who made the announcement at the height of the holiday getaway, also told a news conference in London it intended to increase baggage charges until no-one took its flights with hold luggage.
He confirmed that Ryanair had increased its charge for hold luggage by 20 euros until the summer's end because "that's when they are likely to bring more bags".
Mr O'Leary went on: "We will keep increasing charges until we get rid of (hold) bags."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 09:51 AM

Re: Ryanair, luggage

Chatting to people at work last night who regularly fly easy jet, all business men and women and all applauded this move as they travel with one hand baggage bag and want to be on and off flights quick turn around etc.

They all agreed though holidaying they would want baggage in the hold but wouldn't be flying easy jet if they were paying for the flight themselves anyway.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 09:57 AM

I don't think I could travel with a case for a holiday that was more than a weekend.
Toiletries you would have to buy in destination, as you can't take much hand luggage.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 10:03 AM

This is why we always stay in this country I take everything but the kitchen sink and when we used to caravan and camp I even took the kitchen sink LOL
Like my own cups and cutlery, and bedding and pillows and it goes on and on ......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 10:04 AM

I've only travelled with Ryanair the once and I vowed "never again". They have no respect whatsoever for their customers.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Unfortunately being in West Cork sometimes Ryanair is the only option. But I loathe travelling with them, and will use Aer Lingus in preference if possible even if it costs more. Having said that, unless I am going on a diving holiday I rarely have any hold baggage anyway. I've got the art of minimal packing sorted
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Oh, and I gather that Easyjet have reduced their carry-on baggage limits to such an extent that people now would find it difficult to travel with them without hold baggage.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Travel Air Asia! much cheaper
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 05:41 PM

I use Easyjet to go to Geneva every year as the Grandkids live nearby.
I only take hand lugguage. It is hard to get everything you want in but
as I stay with my son I leave things there so I don't have to take as much
clothing every time. If you want deodrants or sun tan lotion you can buy it in the airport once you have gone through at Boots for instance and take a carrybag on board from just one company. I put my handbag in the suitcase going in the lockers above my head and take it out on the plane.
Where could you put your glasses, money, passport, ticket if you didn't have your handbag with you. I feel naked if I go out anywhere without one.
Michael O'Leary should not be the boss of Ryanair he is a despicable kind of creature who is rolling in money and has no Customer Service attitude to the people who have made him rich. I hope I don't meet him at the airport otherwise he would get a mouthful about how he treats his passengers. If he doesn't want luggage being put in the hold then stop going to holiday destinations and ban all kids as that's what families do.
The Wassock
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 05:46 PM

I started to read about this yesterday but then stopped - I knew it would be about company policies before customer satisfaction and customer satisfaction has taken quite a backseat for a fair while now so didn't want to read of yet more backward steps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top