Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Re: Booked my cutprice caravan holiday for next month

Hope you have a great time jazzi, the excitement of looking forward to it is always great too we find.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Thanks Julie. Oh, I agree! X
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Have a lovely time, you can always talk to your Mum in your head Jazzi.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Well, back from that oh too short trip. Doesn't time fly?

Monday - driving to Clacton.

Arrived just before 4. Picked up keys to caravan. So lovely I was sure I'd been given the wrong one! (And all for £92.) I had the double room, obviously, and it had an en suite loo, and huge wardrobe and drawer space. Radiators in every room so warm and cosy all week, and no worries about having a shower and feeling cold. Comfy bed, already made up, with a lovely blue cover. I actually shouldn't have had that done, as I hadn't paid for linen or to have beds made! (No, I didn't say anything in case they put on an extra charge. Which I'd better check.)

Tuesday - my birthday. Into Clacton, wandering around the shops, lovely lunch of steak and kidney pie, and veg, then pineapple fritters, ice cream and maple syrup. Mum always had that. It is to die for! then went on to the Naze in Walton, but got too windy by then.

Wednesday - I needed a new wiper blade so back into Clacton. Halfords wanted more than £16/pr but I managed to find mine in Wilkos for £2 each, so got two. Plus I needed a new petrol can because the filler hose on my one had got lost. Bit more looking round the shops, then back to the caravan for the afternoon, and to cook the bolognese for next day's supper. Spent 30 minutes or so trying to fit the new blade before realising I had to take off the adapter on the old one and fit on to the new! Damn. Once I'd done that it was a piece of cake and then took only a minute or so. By that time my poor hands were very sore with all the effort.

Thursday - the first anniversary of mum collapsing on our cruise and ultimately losing her life so had to think of something to do to keep my distracted, so chose Colchester Zoo. It's been a couple of decades since I last visited and my sister went recently so recommended it. It was good, and the weather was very hot at times. I even let first a stick insect, then a Madagascan hissing cockroach!! sit on my hand. Yeah, impressed, eh?? I asked if they were letting tarantulas out but they said no, because they flick hairs.

During the day, at the exact times of a year ago, I was posting on FB re Mum. This time last year etc etc. I took time sometimes to reflect and remember her. My poor niece was quite distraught the night before and kept crying, so I phoned her and asked how she'd got through the day.

Left the zoo just after 5 but got a bit lost (see a new thread re sat nav - when I decide where to post it) and back to the caravan around 6.30. As half of dinner was cooked just had to put the spaghetti on. Spent most of the evening getting packed. Feeling sad to be leaving: it's been a lovely relaxed holiday and I slept well.

Friday, home.

The caravan hire was so cheap but the van I stayed in looked new. It was a bargain. I tried to book another cheapo to Dorset but the time I was looking at (Oct) they have all gone.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Well I do think given your very nice account that I may well look into booking these holidays never really appealed but thinking about it could be a good way to explore new areas. Glad you have had a lovely time.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-09-2013, 12:04 PM

Kazz, PMd you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top