Join for free
Page 59 of 1676 « First < 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 559 1059 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:00 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Gut is the core, in tandem with your brain
Reaction to it’s messages, don’t treat with refrain
Folks tend to look at it, and never seek to tinker
It seems only to just digest your food but in hiding there’s a thinker
Just listen to it. Get insight, rub it, See the light
It really is an organ, in it’s own right
Some folks just can’t hear it, they seemingly have not got the Knack
Some folks can hear it, but ignore it, guess they haven’t got the stomach
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Gut is the core, in tandem with your brain
Reaction to it’s messages, don’t treat with refrain
Folks tend to look at it, and never seek to tinker
It seems only to just digest your food but in hiding there’s a thinker
Just listen to it. Get insight, rub it, See the light
It really is an organ, in it’s own right
Some folks just can’t hear it, they seemingly have not got the Knack
Some folks can hear it, but ignore it, guess they haven’t got the stomach
ya a rapper too! wow!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 01:05 PM

I always go with any gut feelings I get, it’s not often I get them but when a situation arises and calls for quick thinking I go with instinct, I always have, I believe it’s a built in protection or defence system that we know nothing about, ignore it at your peril.
A friend of mine was telling me about a short break himself and his wife had had in an old Inn in County Carlow, so last Saturday morning I got a gut feeling to gather the wife up, pack two small cases and feck off out of the city for a bit, live it up while you can type of thing, I had been working hard lately and did well so I had a few bob to spend. We dropped the dog off at the daughters place and then we were as free as two birds, as it turned out we had a terrific time, we found the lovely little place in Carlow and stayed with a lively old couple who do bed and breakfast and any other meals you wanted, the craic in the small pub they own was unbelievable, very reasonable prices and their hospitality was second to none, I can’t wait for me next gut feeling and I’ll be off like a hare from hell.
My verdict is go with the gut every time. When we got back a neighbour told us there was an electricity failure in our area and we were without power for over 24 hours, also an unpopular tight fisted relative of the wife’s had called several times, she was over from London with her new man and looking for buckshee lodgings, and how sad they were that we weren’t there and couldn’t be contacted, so they stayed with another of her sisters instead, what a stroke of luck, now how’s that for gut feeling.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I always go with any gut feelings I get, it’s not often I get them but when a situation arises and calls for quick thinking I go with instinct, I always have, I believe it’s a built in protection or defence system that we know nothing about, ignore it at your peril.
A friend of mine was telling me about a short break himself and his wife had had in an old Inn in County Carlow, so last Saturday morning I got a gut feeling to gather the wife up, pack two small cases and feck off out of the city for a bit, live it up while you can type of thing, I had been working hard lately and did well so I had a few bob to spend. We dropped the dog off at the daughters place and then we were as free as two birds, as it turned out we had a terrific time, we found the lovely little place in Carlow and stayed with a lively old couple who do bed and breakfast and any other meals you wanted, the craic in the small pub they own was unbelievable, very reasonable prices and their hospitality was second to none, I can’t wait for me next gut feeling and I’ll be off like a hare from hell.
My verdict is go with the gut every time. When we got back a neighbour told us there was an electricity failure in our area and we were without power for over 24 hours, also an unpopular tight fisted relative of the wife’s had called several times, she was over from London with her new man and looking for buckshee lodgings, and how sad they were that we weren’t there and couldn’t be contacted, so they stayed with another of her sisters instead, what a stroke of luck, now how’s that for gut feeling.
I thought that was called the 'luck of the Irish"?

but not quite the 'if you had the luck of the Irish' as written by dear J.Lennon?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:34 PM

I’ve always wondered about ‘Luck’ Gumbud, what is it? I knew whole families who were cursed with tragic deaths and bad luck all their lives, why are some lucky and others very unfortunate?, why are so many wealthy people so unlucky in love and how do they know if their partner loves them for themselves and not for their wealth? why do folks who live it up on booze and fags still enjoy good health while others who have never smoked or touched a drop get into bad health, is it all to do with luck? I still smoke and take a drink and when I mentioned this to the doctor after he passed me off as healthy, guess what he said? “I suppose you're just lucky Jem” and that’s from a professional man.
I have tried to figure it out with horse racing, as you know I like a small flutter every racing day, not least for the fact that I enjoy looking at all the races on TV, it’s the only sport I’d watch. Some times I’d get a run of luck lasting several days, then the next week I wouldn’t get a single winner, it doesn’t bother me now as I’m used to it, just an enjoyable days sport for me, but one thing I noticed over the years is that a run of bad luck is always followed by a run of good luck and vice versa, balance seems to be the key here. The one thing that puzzles me still is the racing ‘experts’ you see before every race, they sit in the studio and bombard the public with facts and figures making a case for every horse in the race, then when asked the basic question they hate being asked “Who’s going to win the race?” they always plumb for the jolly, granted you might get the occasional dare devil who opts for the second favourite, now he’s really sticking his neck out. If they are such experts at betting how come they are all working for a living?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

31-07-2016, 11:01 PM

an interesting subject "luck" - some seem to be always lucky others un-lucky. my take on it is "luck" is an abbreviation for a combination of human traits and experiences:

being always positive
being able to grasp at opportunities in life
being able to accept and enjoy challenges
being able to have and enjoy fun
being a regular risk taker

all of the opposite to the above can be seen as those who always seem to be unlucky

so we shouldn't be surprised if we are always lucky it goes with the territory but is never fortunately 100%!!

ps:I do believe that J.Lennon who had some Irish blood in him didn't he was using the word incorrectly in his song
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 11:07 PM

Does a Pundit actually work?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2016, 11:11 PM

See, providing a service is, sometimes misconstrued as work.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2016, 11:11 PM

Work has too hurt.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2016, 11:15 PM

Only Fools and Horses Work.

Page 59 of 1676 « First < 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 559 1059 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top