Join for free
Page 71 of 1676 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 571 1071 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Linking used to be a pleasant experience, closeness is comforting, my wife still links me when we go out together. I think old Abe Lincoln was responsible for the tradition, he was visiting Boston one Summer with Mrs Lincoln and a voice in the crowd roared out "Look folks, the Abrahams Lincoln" Oh God take him off quick.
But linking arms seem to be going out of fashion, when I was young all the girls would link one another walking through town or going to a dance or whatever, they don’t do that anymore I noticed, and they laughed more and looked far happier than the sour faced young ones do today, femininity is on the way out, thank God I’m finished with all that chasing crap, some of the young ones going around now you wouldn’t chase with a hatchet.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 10:05 PM

Yeah, the thing that rescued me is now redundant.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Linking used to be a pleasant experience, closeness is comforting, my wife still links me when we go out together. I think old Abe Lincoln was responsible for the tradition, he was visiting Boston one Summer with Mrs Lincoln and a voice in the crowd roared out "Look folks, the Abrahams Lincoln" Oh God take him off quick.
But linking arms seem to be going out of fashion, when I was young all the girls would link one another walking through town or going to a dance or whatever, they don’t do that anymore I noticed, and they laughed more and looked far happier than the sour faced young ones do today, femininity is on the way out, thank God I’m finished with all that chasing crap, some of the young ones going around now you wouldn’t chase with a hatchet.
i still like linking - gives me a sense of closeness and that i "own something" also feels like ya having sex with all ya clothes on and no one is watching much! one girlfriend used to do the "double switch linkage" she would start on the right side and then swing over to the left - left me feeling quite bemused and dizzy and sometimes thinking she was another girlfriend. she didn't like it when i got the names wrong!

holding hands is different from linking - a more equalizing balance which I do not prefer. Linking makes ME feel in charge. I once linked a chimpanzee but that is another story!

never liked girls linking always thought it was the beginning of lesbianism.

did anyone ever used to link theirs mudder or fadder? - now that was a strange feeling!

pity there isn't a link icon on here heh? well there is actually but I can't reproduce it - how about spittie?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 10:29 PM

deleted for prudence dear prudence
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 10:36 PM

Time, gentleman please. maybe now is the Time, there is something restrictive about a Lock In.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 08:05 AM

Ecclesiastes 3New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything
3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Yes there is a time for everything RJ, and there's always time for a pint, as the old Guinness ad went.
We were all slaves to time in our working years but with retirement it gives you some control on how you want to spend what time you have left, I honestly wouldn't swap retirement for 20 years more of being a young man again, I'm really enjoying it.

Time is an evil wicked clock that can play havoc on the body and make it a crock
From the day it gets it’s very first wind to the day we leave this World behind
Rushing around like a blue arced fly making a living so you’ll get by
Time is lazy and can go very slow from Monday to Friday as I’m sure you all know
But you can take it from this old Dub, it flies when your laughing in the local pub.
And when God loses the key and I’m wound up no more, they can take their time with them out through that door.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-08-2016, 12:50 PM

very prophetic Jem my dear fellow!

how about time is in fact an illusion - a man made event - artificial with no substance. sure the sun rise and moon comes out but they are not connected to time but to movements. us humans have this obsession of timing everything - time to get up and work - our birthdate is set in time and we celebrate it at a specific time each year - seconds; minutes; hours; weeks; months and years are artificial artifacts of human invention - does the crab use a wrist watch or a lion or even our nearest relatives chimps and apes - no their lives exist equally as ours do with no time. I wake each morning at approximately the same "time" but it is a natural event not a clock event.

The Aborigines of Australia who still live out bush have no clocks or watches they live by natural events and if you book an appointment with them for tomorrow morning they may turn up at any moment which may not be your morning!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Deep responses from Jem & Gumbud. I am in the company of giant thinkers, thank you gents
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 07:39 PM

Ah linking arms

Took me a while to reealise what was being talked about.
I definitely like it and think it's 'normal' as is holding hands.

When I see couples walking together, seemingly avoiding physical contact, I wonder if they have a problem.

Crossing the road, for example, is one time when you should look out for each other and take the hand of your partener.

Page 71 of 1676 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 571 1071 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top