Join for free
Page 79 of 1676 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 579 1079 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 07:13 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Sadly, some folks get removal
Whilst not even seeking approval
Must have misunderstood the Doodle
Or, blown too hard on the Bugle.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did the geezer charge a fee, for enlightenment?
yes, due on nov 5th
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 08:30 AM

Poor Adele has dyspepsia
caught from someone who sat next to her
What should she do?
When on stage, needs a poo.

This diatribe started off inspirationally then deteriorated mainly because nothing much rhymes with dyspepsia, my word for the month.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Poor Adele has dyspepsia
caught from someone who sat next to her
What should she do?
When on stage, needs a poo.

This diatribe started off inspirationally then deteriorated mainly because nothing much rhymes with dyspepsia, my word for the month.
Great aunt Maude had lifelong dyspepsia
All of her life it did groan
She would burp right on cue
And the wind it just flew
And her bowels would continually moan

But uncle Roger who sat right beside her
Would gentle caress her rear end
He would whisper in ear, there, there my sweet dear
Just let it all out either end!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 09:20 PM

Poor Adele,on stage she needs to fart
Whilst bellowing lyrics from the heart;
You're mic'ed-up gal,just let it rip
...just PLEASE,don't let a 'bubbler' slip!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 09:49 PM

I had an Aunt called Francis
Whom, I assumed was my Granny
She said Spitty, It's not Folklore
A Fart can come from Fanny.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:15 PM

Looks like we're heading for the Jacks again lads, I hope there's plenty of soft fresh rolls out there.

I’m back on the dreams again. I know it’s boring to have to listen to other folks dreams, the wife is a devil for telling me her dreams and asking me what I make of them, it’s like having to comment on peoples holiday photo’s without actually seeing them, double the boredom, so I’ll skip the details of mine, I’ll just say that last night I had a wonderful happy dream with lots of old friends who have departed to wherever we go after the big sleep, and when I woke up I felt refreshed and relaxed. I then thought how lucky we are that we can dream, far better than putting your head on the pillow and being dead in all but name for eight hours. It’s been years now since I had what we call a nightmare, and that was after drinking some dodgy poteen, so what does that tell me? Well I’m trying to figure it out for meself, I'm a curious old devil. One theory is that for the past couple of years I have been contented and don’t worry about things anymore, sure enough I’ve had bad times but haven’t we all, I don’t want to sound cocky but I’ve reached the “Ah f..k it” time of life if you get my meaning, nothing we do really matters in the big picture anyway so why bother with it. Another thing in the dream puzzle might be having a clear conscience, as the old song goes “a troubled mind knows no rest” Lastly it could be nature’s way of preparing one for the last long sleep, who knows.
I watched a TV program a while ago where they put this fella into a kind of sleep where they could talk to him at the same time, all yerman came out with was a load of gibberish, I can understand that because I once took a notepad and pen and left it on the bedside table to record any dreams if I woke up, when i looked at the pad the next morning I couldn’t make head nor tail of the writing.
In all the studies and experiments they have done on sleep over the years they still know very little about dreams, maybe they got the answer at one time but forgot it when they woke up.

What is a dream?
A cosmic beam?
Is it a picture of the past?
Why does it never last?
You can’t save a collection
For scientific inspection
And because you can’t employ them
Just go ahead and enjoy them.

Roy Orbison had it all figured out in a song.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:49 AM

then there was bobby darin with dream lover - dream lover where are you I don't want to dream alone !!

and was it the everley brothers that did a dreammm dreammm dreammm thingy?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-08-2016, 07:38 AM

Most folks instigate a DNR order, when they finally get some proper sleep, like most things, given the amount of change in recent years, this probably now needs updating to DNR(OR), o.r being "Or Reboot", this instruction being sent to the Cobblers.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2016, 08:50 AM

Us lads range upon subjects so diverse
Then convert our thoughts into proper verse
Us lads always call a spade a spade
Cos that’s the stuff of which we’re made

After years of shovelling shite
Our lives are now almost right
Now there’s a big statement me to make
(He retreats for tea & cake)

Page 79 of 1676 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 579 1079 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top