Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Re: Today on Brexit Central, Austin Mitchell Nails it Again !

Originally Posted by gascony ->
Once again your fact free posts demonstrate that you have no knowledge or insight. You simply dislike the EU. Just come clean - there is no benefit from Brexit apart from the exiting the EU itself.
For your info, Japanese car companies are pulling out of the UK due to the trade deal with the EU. This will accelerate with Brexit - most of their cars are exported to the EU. And so you know, Nissan plant turns out 500,000 cars a year. Italy builds three times that. Facts are not your friend are they?
Now explain the comment about 'sidelines'? I do not understand it. It assumes that the UK will be successful out of the EU (just how long is that going to take?) and that the UK is unaffected by problems in neighboring countries (to which we send almost half our exports). How are we simply on the sidelines?

The EU is a complete disaster thats why 17.4 million people voted to leave in the biggest turnout in electoral history.

Here is Wikipedias car production by country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cle_production

The UK will be successful outside the EU - we don't have the Euro for a start and we can make our own trade deals that benefit the UK, not Germany and France.

Watching from the sidelines means we will not be in the EU - we will be outside of it watching it implode.

How are you paying for Ursual van de Leyens 30% increase in EU budget seeing as we are leaving ? Selling tariff free VW Golfs to Macedonia ?

... I doubt it very much

Enjoy the Wiki link - looks like we make more cars than Sweden too. I hadn't realised that.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The EU is a complete disaster thats why 17.4 million people voted to leave in the biggest turnout in electoral history.

The UK will be successful outside the EU - we don't have the Euro for a start and we can make our own trade deals that benefit the UK, not Germany and France.

Watching from the sidelines means we will not be in the EU - we will be outside of it watching it implode.

How are you paying for Ursual van de Leyens 30% increase in EU budget seeing as we are leaving ? Selling tariff free VW Golfs to Macedonia ?

... I doubt it very much

Enjoy the Wiki link - looks like we make more cars than Sweden too. I hadn't realised that.
All this rubbish you "predict" and you do it to demonstrate that the UK will import fewer German made cars. Thus we will import cars made in other countries. Where is the benefit? The delight you promote is that German car companies will suffer enormously. Your numbers are of course wrong and predictions are those of a child. I can help with real data if you want. But, I ask again, where is the benefit to the UK? Come clean and confirm there is no benefit to the wealth and well being of the UK from Brexit.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 11:44 AM

... I doubt it very much

Sorry, I was laughing so hard at your made up 'facts' that I missed the line you wrote about all the fantastic new trade deals the UK is going to get. That really had me laughing. Which aspect of establishing a beneficial trade deal do you understand? You've been given the old Farage fantasy that the deals the UK will get are better than the deals the EU gets - and that they are quick and simple to get. In the meantime, out in the real world where grown ups work, everyone can see that this claim is hogwash. Give me some solid reasons why you place credibility with Farage's fantasy claim.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:54 AM

Sorry, I was laughing so hard at your made up 'facts' that I missed the line you wrote about all the fantastic new trade deals the UK is going to get. That really had me laughing. Which aspect of establishing a beneficial trade deal do you understand? You've been given the old Farage fantasy that the deals the UK will get are better than the deals the EU gets - and that they are quick and simple to get. In the meantime, out in the real world where grown ups work, everyone can see that this claim is hogwash. Give me some solid reasons why you place credibility with Farage's fantasy claim.

You still think paying 10-12 billion a year for a trade deal is good ?

Why ?

We do less trade with it year on year ... hows that for a fact
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 02:22 PM

You still think paying 10-12 billion a year for a trade deal is good ?

Why ?

We do less trade with it year on year ... hows that for a fact
Ah, its all about the trade for you. Its bigger than just trade, I,m sure you hate the idea but there is a wider benefit than export/import. But, for you, lets stick to trade.
Have you tried to work out what our trade with the EU would look like without being in the EU? No, I doubt it. The UK actually has a trade surplus with the EU if you look at services only. £29bn surplus last year. The single market is the only open to all services free trade area. That would go. Not so clever that Brexit thing, is it?
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 02:27 PM

Oh, and your less than insightful comment about the UK exports to the EU decreasing. Its true, you have found a real fact. Twenty years ago this trade was about 55% of all our exports, and now its about 46%. It seems to steadily be going down by 0.5% per annum. You can look at that two ways. It is a positive weaning off a dependency on the EU - at this rate it we will have the same exposure to the EU that they have with us (8% of trade) in about 72 years. Or you might view it as a shocking lack of effort & capability to promote our exports and close our trade deficit. (Clue: it is the second one.)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Ah, its all about the trade for you. Its bigger than just trade, I,m sure you hate the idea but there is a wider benefit than export/import. But, for you, lets stick to trade.
Have you tried to work out what our trade with the EU would look like without being in the EU? No, I doubt it. The UK actually has a trade surplus with the EU if you look at services only. £29bn surplus last year. The single market is the only open to all services free trade area. That would go. Not so clever that Brexit thing, is it?

You're the one who started about trade, not me. All I've done is answer your questions and made my case.

But since you ask .... there are around 170+ states that trade with the single market. None of them in the EU, none of them in the customs union or members of the EEA or EFTA.

Out of them, if you look at the top 40 countries, the only one with a ratified FTA is South Korea

They only did a measly 1.5 trillion in trade with the single market in 2018....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 03:10 PM

All this rubbish you "predict" and you do it to demonstrate that the UK will import fewer German made cars. Thus we will import cars made in other countries. Where is the benefit? The delight you promote is that German car companies will suffer enormously. Your numbers are of course wrong and predictions are those of a child. I can help with real data if you want. But, I ask again, where is the benefit to the UK? Come clean and confirm there is no benefit to the wealth and well being of the UK from Brexit.
You ask where is the benefit in uk buying cars from other
countries after brexit? The answer is, because they will then
be cheaper for us as the eu will not have added their tariff,
Which can be up to 30%, to their price as we will not be
members of the club!! The eu is nothing but a protectionist
barrier for the benefit of? Guess who?
Regards Gascony, Donkeyman!
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Now you are really struggling. The benefit of leaving is that we will be able to continue to buy non-EU cars except clearly (as you have confirmed) people mainly want to buy german cars. So Brexit is actually about cars. Who knew?
Actually, the worry here is that you firmly believe that stripping away EU tariff protection will be so very good for the UK. Remember, we do not export enough today. Now you are advocating importing more. I fail to see how that will be a good thing. I do expect that to drive many british businesses under. Which in turn means even less exporting. You do seem to be pushing down a dwindling path of economic oblivion.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You mean the tariffs the UK will put on cars from the EU of course.
Which are the same tariffs as you have to put on cars imported from outside the EU (wto-rules). Where is is the advantage for the UK buyers?

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top