Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 03:01 AM

Is there no end ????

My goodness, this damn Covid virus just keeps getting worse by the day. In the U.S., we are experiencing 183,000 new cases EVERY DAY. Also, in the U.S. we have had 11,000,000 total cases and 256,000 deaths.

Many hospital ICU's are at capacity. Some localities are building temporary, ICU tents in their parking lots.

Even a farmer, in the middle of nowhere came down with a super bad case and he had to be flown 200 miles for brain surgery to relieve the pressure.

I only hope that the W.H.O. has learned its lesson and will blockade China when the next Chinese virus pops up. Ever notice that nearly all virus' come from China.???? And that those virus' are ultimately traced back to the disgustingly filthy live animal markets ???

Is there no end to this virus ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:18 AM

Re: Is there no end ????

I’ve not seen any news but hear most days of people near me, or near friends/relatives and think, ‘heck, it’s creeping closer’.

Sister is self isolating again from her job in the supermarket and has heard now some colleague there has tested positive. As she said, good job she isn’t working there at the moment. She is too vulnerable, sis, and can’t take chances.

Certainly seems no end. It’s all very well our Govt telling us if we keep doing as they ask we could get back to normal by the spring, but what about the rest of the world? What are they all doing?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
My goodness, this damn Covid virus just keeps getting worse by the day. In the U.S., we are experiencing 183,000 new cases EVERY DAY. Also, in the U.S. we have had 11,000,000 total cases and 256,000 deaths.

Many hospital ICU's are at capacity. Some localities are building temporary, ICU tents in their parking lots.

Even a farmer, in the middle of nowhere came down with a super bad case and he had to be flown 200 miles for brain surgery to relieve the pressure.

I only hope that the W.H.O. has learned its lesson and will blockade China when the next Chinese virus pops up. Ever notice that nearly all virus' come from China.???? And that those virus' are ultimately traced back to the disgustingly filthy live animal markets ???

Is there no end to this virus ?
Hi

The most dangerous viruses which spread from animals to humans came from Africa, not China.

As regards eating wild animals the Southern USA is a world leader in this.

There are even popular TV programs about this.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:19 PM

I don't think we can blame China Bakerman...
Covid and it's rapid spread is a symptom of the way we live and travel in the 21st century. It was always a problem waiting to happen.

I agree with you though, about it's seemingly relentless spread. Up until two months ago I can't remember hearing of a case in my area at all, and since then we have become one of the worst affected places in the UK, with our local hospital almost full to capacity with the sick and dying.

We live within five miles of the local airport and I just can't understand why I am constantly hearing and seeing passenger aircraft spreading people around the world under such circumstances. surely we should be adopting Australia's total lockdown on incoming and outgoing flights, with just British subjects being allowed to return home after a strict quarantine.

We seem to have had the virus under control after the first lockdown with diminishing infections and more importantly deaths, but as soon as we try to return to normal, the figures are again going off the scale, and as winter approaches I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it starts getting better.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:09 PM

Couldn't believe it when I read this morning of Bird Flu being found on farms in several places in the UK!! As if we don't have enough to contend with at the moment with Covid-19. Dreadful times.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Couldn't believe it when I read this morning of Bird Flu being found on farms in several places in the UK!! As if we don't have enough to contend with at the moment with Covid-19. Dreadful times.
Bird flu's are often brought in by migratory wild birds.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:20 PM

Last week I heard a British Doctor saying the powers that be had made plans for dealing with a pandemic. When asked when this planning started he said 2 years ago and that confused me. I am sure we always have plans in place for possible pandemics , but why were we drawing up new plans a year before Covid arrived?

I am not normally one for believing conspiracy theories, but I get the impression that us & many other countries were not surprised by this virus
I could be wrong and this pandemic plan could have been a normal procedure, but if that is the case why have the planners been so naive in their instructions on how to deal with it? We seemed to deal with bird flu & swine flu quite well, so they never became a pandemic, even though the viruses had mutated.
I just feel that this virus is not the same as other mutated viruses & may have been produced in China by scientists.... as was mentioned in a report I read.
Something just doesn't seem right to me!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think we can blame China Bakerman...
Covid and it's rapid spread is a symptom of the way we live and travel in the 21st century. It was always a problem waiting to happen.

We live within five miles of the local airport and I just can't understand why I am constantly hearing and seeing passenger aircraft spreading people around the world under such circumstances. surely we should be adopting Australia's total lockdown on incoming and outgoing flights, with just British subjects being allowed to return home after a strict quarantine.

We seem to have had the virus under control after the first lockdown with diminishing infections and more importantly deaths, but as soon as we try to return to normal, the figures are again going off the scale, and as winter approaches I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it starts getting better.
I know what you mean Bob, we live about 8 miles from the airport and before Covid we were continually getting students of all nationalities visiting the city and staying for 2-4 weeks. It makes you wonder how many may have been carrying the virus
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 02:51 PM

I agree with you Twink, I've thought from the beginning that there was something not quite right about the way this virus was spreading, or how it had supposedly started,
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I agree with you Twink, I've thought from the beginning that there was something not quite right about the way this virus was spreading, or how it had supposedly started,
We could never prove it Paula..... but how I wish I could get the heads of some countries to answer questions after taking a Truth drug!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top