Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 08:01 AM

Re: Who is your favourite Celebrity Chef

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->

Also regarding undercooked meat, red meat has no flavour if its cooked all the way through. Beef in particular must be cooked rare to medium rare to have any taste at all and a bit of blood does you no harm.
Dog lover, we all have palates that taste food differently so what you find tasty others may find disgusting. Taste buds dictate what we like or dislike, I hate Vodka, Gin, Garlic, Dog pooh ( sorry Curry ) to name some, yet other people love them.

All meat when on the hoof is full of bacteria and when it dies, if it is not treated then the bacteria eat away at the carcass, maggots develop and the meat rots. If meat is not thoroughly cooked the the bacteria are not destroyed and when you eat it they are transferred to you, possibly causing you upset stomach or worse, as some people returning from holidays abroad will verify.

I do not like under cooked meat of any kind, mind you it can be over cooked, but I much prefer it fully cooked.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 08:29 AM

Wow!!!! - We're setting an all time record here, that's the second time this month Bob has agreed with me. WHOAAAA - when do we get the crack of doom????
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 10:45 AM

Michel Roux Jr is my choice he is so precise and explains things well .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
But UJ if you cook beef rare to medium rare you don't need any marinade because it is tasty enough on its own. Overcooked beef is a crime
Absolutely agree, knock the horns and hooves off, wipe its arse and stick it on a plate. Yum!

Rarely watch cooking programs except Posh Nosh and bits of Po's Kitchen (she is not a chef and I love her ). Apparently less than 12% of the viewing audience ever make anything that these cooks demonstrate so it really is a waste of air time.

Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 12:59 AM

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, first came across him on Tracks, remeber his Roadkill Ragout, always loved the Data burst at the end of the programme.

Nigel Slater for his relaxed style.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 01:07 AM

I like Masterchef and it amazes me how people improve over the course of the program. I also like Heston Bleumenthal(?) just for the sheer enjoyment of his thinking and the interesting end result. Could never make any of it of course. Poh's Kitchrn is very good but dob't know if you see that in UK.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 01:51 AM

Nigel Slater always cheers me up with his cooking and I like. Nigela I watch, does she cook????
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 02:36 PM

None....Afraid I lothe Cooking Programmes..
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:11 PM

I always liked Ainsley Harriot's flamboyant style ,,, where is he these days?

chef

sorry about the pics, I can't help myself!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
I always liked Ainsley Harriot's flamboyant style ,,, where is he these days?

chef

sorry about the pics, I can't help myself!
He was the reason I stopped watching Ready Steady Cook, and come to think of it, also the reason it bombed once he started presenting.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top