Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:26 PM

What would you never put together?

I like to think of my self as very broad minded when it comes to what I will eat and have tried alsorts snails, frogs legs, snake and crickets.... But I can not stand fruit in my meal ... sultanas in a curry , pineapple and gammon , currants in a salad, sweet and sour.... all turns my stomach
What two ingrediants would you not like ?
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:18 PM

Re: What would you never put together?

I will have your fruity meals, and you can have all the snails, frogs legs, snakes, and crickets, you like.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:28 PM

You mean you never have apple sauce with your pork, or cranberry with your turkey or mango chutney with your curry? You truly are depriving yourself of some of life's pleasures. For instance tonight we are having a chicken curry and will put a couple of bananas in the oven to bake for an hour or so before hand, scrumptious with chicken or lamb curry.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:38 PM

I have tried it all once ... but no would never go there again.... its wierd because Im a real gannet but its my one thing I cant cope with ... but I adore fruit in its natural state...

I do like a hot lime pickle in a cheese sandwhich..... so the one exception
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 06:44 PM

don't like sweet and sour sauce
Don't fancy cheese with jam
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 06:57 PM

Meat with anything - never can get it even near my mouth.

I do like something my husband always says is just plain wrong though and that is pickled beetroot and salad cream sandwiches.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 07:03 PM

I can't stand beetroot with anything

Hot beetroot with mashed potatoes is just not right.
Nobaggage

24-03-2013, 07:03 PM

I like beetroot and mayo sarnies .... with a little hot lime pickle
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 07:21 PM

I just love pickled beetroot, especially with mashed potato and corned beef. Also in salads, or on its own straight from the jar. Same for gherkins, cannot keep a jar in the 'fridge for long cos am always dipping in. Oh and as for 'cheese and jam' sandwiches, a big favourite here in S Wales with miners back in the day. Especially a tart jam, like blackberry or blackcurrant, with a salty crumbly Caerphilly cheese, oh 'eck that's something for the next shopping list methinks, been so long since I had it. But and it is a big BUT, not on nasty sliced bread, too soft and doughy that stuff.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 07:30 PM

don't like seafood that's served in its shell
don't like olives either

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top