Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 10:07 AM

Coring Banana's.

Do any of you remove the core of the banana before you eat it?, I will never eat the core or the ends of a banana anymore after what an old West African friend told me in London last week, it's better to be safe than sorry as they say, some day I will tell you what I heard but maybe you wouldn't believe it anyway and it's best I keep my mouth shut. A chap I knew who worked for a well known Oats Company once told me that the little black spots you see in your porridge are actually rat droppings, ever since I always remove then with my spoon before I eat it, I think I'm becoming a bit like Howard Hughes in my old age.
This banana was expertly cored by the wife for last evenings dessert of strawberries and ice cream, there should be eight slices on the plate but she ate three of them before she tossed them in, the steel 'Corer' you see is just a prototype of one I intend to perfect in the near future, they will be in great demand shortly, incidentally the removed cores make excellent plant food for your garden, or so my African friend told me.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Re: Coring Banana's.

April 1st has been and gone Jem, it's too late for practical jokes and leg-pulls.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-04-2013, 11:13 AM

If it isn't a leg pull, what a terrible waste of a banana!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Well - I never knew that Jem.
Now you have told us half of it you have got to carry on and give us the full facts. You can't leave us in suspenders. I have never cored bananas and because I have eaten a lot of them, I'm now waiting for a painful demise because of what you have said about the black bits. I have noticed the black bits and wondered. What puzzles me more is how do the rats get into a banana to crap with its skin on in the first place. (the skin on the banana not the rat) How do you know the black bits are rat crap and not seeds. They just taste like banana to me.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Well - I never knew that Jem.
Now you have told us half of it you have got to carry on and give us the full facts. You can't leave us in suspenders. I have never cored bananas and because I have eaten a lot of them, I'm now waiting for a painful demise because of what you have said about the black bits. I have noticed the black bits and wondered. What puzzles me more is how do the rats get into a banana to crap with its skin on in the first place. (the skin on the banana not the rat) How do you know the black bits are rat crap and not seeds. They just taste like banana to me.
The rat droppings are in porridge, not the banana!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Do you think if you eat the seeds a tree will grow in your belly ? ;0)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
The rat droppings are in porridge, not the banana!
Thank you for setting me straight ben-varrey - My poor old head was puzzled about how hard it would be for a rat to climb in a banana skin unseen - would it be worth the effort - rather disappointed that they don't - Ah but, ah but, what about banana porridge - Oats so Simple (banana variety) for example - must be twice as dangerous.
I digress, but what about the rats that nibble on nuts in storage - they must crap and pee on all over them - but it doesn't stop me eating almonds, although I am convnced friction can't be the cause of all those nibbled looking ones. Any badly nibbled ones I pass on to my old man - he's not fussy. As for peanuts - well I'll say no more. It's a mucky old world out there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 04:44 PM

nice try Jem

I don't have black bits in my organic porridge oats which are made by Flahavens and like your good self come from Ireland
(Wexford)
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 06:28 PM

They are seeds of the banana. Since when has rat pooh looked like
a small seed, they are different shape and would smell out the banana
As the banana starts with a skin it would be hard for any rat to chew
into a banana length and put its pooh in it especially when you consider
that we are all intelligent people on this site and as mentioned April 1st
also know as April Fools day was Monday and has gone until next year.
I noticed on your profile you like a good drink - cheers
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 06:54 PM

mmm, well I lived in Africa for some years but have never ever seen a local core a banana, never even heard a superstition about one, never saw the monkeys core one either, so I think someone is having a laugh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top