Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JustMe
Yorkshire, UK
JustMe is female  JustMe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Re: The great Chip debate

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
And Justme, reminds me of reading many decades ago (must have been many many 'cos it was by the chef from the Royal yacht) how the then young Princess Anne was on a low fat diet and he would make her 'his' chips, by first par-boiling spuds in a rich stock, removing and allowing to dry, then placing, on a heated tray and into a hot oven.

And I have just done something similar but using one of a range of sachets of sprinkle on seasonings expressly for tasty wedges now being sold in Tesco. There are three I have noticed but may be more, today am using a spicy cheesy one, scrumptious, but there is a garlic/herb one and a hot spicy one.
must try those, thanks for telling me Daisymay. Are they Tescos own brand?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:25 PM

No they are not Tesco own brand. In our store, and therefore probably all the others, they are displayed on those long plastic strip thingies, around the areas where they sell the spuds. Enjoy.
Amanda
Derby
Amanda is female 

02-06-2013, 01:11 AM

Home made is always the first choice, but we do have a very good chippy as a back up.

I use Maris Pipers, peel and soak then dry before frying in beef dripping.
bashybash
middlesex
bashybash is female  bashybash has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 08:36 AM

im a rinser and a dryer.
sometimes i blanch them[isnt the foodie word,double cooked,lol],if im busy.
cant stand oven chips ,think they are like cardboard.xx
pattyb
New Member!
Bristol
pattyb is female 

23-06-2013, 03:12 PM

If I do chips at home its oven chips threw out the chip pan years ago as I was in danger of burning the house down so forgetful best chips for me is fish and chip shops Crispins does some yummy ones

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top