Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 11:23 AM

Re: Beetroot

I really dislike beetroot - it tastes like dirt!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I really dislike beetroot - it tastes like dirt!

Errmmm Karen darlin' - is that the voice of wisdom we hear???
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Errmmm Karen darlin' - is that the voice of wisdom we hear???
Will it incriminate me if I answer Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Will it incriminate me if I answer Uncle Joe

You pays your money, you takes your choice Karen darlin'
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 12:31 PM

One of my favourite thrown together store cupboard meals is corned beef, pickled beets (heaps of it), and creamed tatties which, come to think of it must be an old school dinner memory.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Urghhh no thanks Daisymay - just the thought of corned beef and beetroot makes me want to
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 02:48 PM

I put beetroot in the same category as marrows, no use to man or beast
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 02:58 PM

Definitely Meg - I tried cooking up a marrow once only. I stuffed it with mince and onions and baked it. It was dreadful - all went to mush and we ended up picking out the meaty bits - chucked the rest in the bin. Even the dog turned his nose up.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
With regard to blood pressure salt is a real no no isn't it?
I'd query that assumption from past experience MKJ.
I suffer from cramps and I've had everything checked-out.
My Doctor asked if I'd reduced my salt intact and when I told him that I had, because my wife was anxious about it he told me to go back to the level of salt I was on before by adding Seas Salt to anything that I felt needed salt.

I did this - far less cramps!

Then I remembered my days in the Middle East where you were nagged constantly into taking Salt Tablets.
I didn't for a month - and got cramps so I took their Salt Tablets and was violently sick!
I went back to carrying my own Salt Cellar and using what I felt was sufficient.

My Dad had a recurring problem of low electrolytic levels and the Doctor found that the home he was in used no Salt in cooking and didn't provide any for residents.

Twice he was hospitalised over this and given Saline Solutions each time and released 24 hours later.

Back in the home they were instructed that Salt was to be added to my Dad's meals or him being given the option by them providing a Salt Cellar. stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I put beetroot in the same category as marrows, no use to man or beast
I'm with you on the marrow front Meg they are absolutely awful, but raw grated beetroot heaped on a salad is a true delight....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top