Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Traffic light labeling.

I was watching the news the other day and I typed this and meant to post it but I forgot, so I suppose it's old news now, I thought someone would have posted something about it and wondered how folks felt.
They were talking about the new traffic light labeling on foodstuffs, you know the green amber and red labels they want all the big companies to sign up to, I only got the bones of it, it tells at a glance how much sugar and fat etc the product contains, a good thing in my opinion, I was surprised to hear several of the larger companies wouldn't sign up, that's disgraceful, they should be named and their products boycotted, we all have the right to know exactly what we are putting into our bodies, so everything should be made clear and easy to understand, I don't see the big deal in that except they have something to hide.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 03:49 PM

Re: Traffic light labeling.

There has been traffic light labelling here for quite a while, although the one you posted is a lot clearer, Jem.

I always check the product coding on food goods and find it very useful if you are health conscious.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 03:49 PM

Yea Jem - its a good idea and agree about the other companies, I am hoping they will 'have' to come on board - eventually ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There has been traffic light labelling here for quite a while, although the one you posted is a lot clearer, Jem.

I always check the product coding on food goods and find it very useful if you are health conscious.
The previous ones Meg - were not as clear as this, unless you knew yer gramms, so High - Low is better fer the likes of Pats CG ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:21 PM

I think it's a good idea since you'll be able to see at a glance how good or bad it is without having to read the small print details.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 05:06 PM

I think it is a good system of labelling. I think we had two separate ways of labelling running before, so this is much clearer and it's about time we could easily see what we are buying. I think Cadbury is one of the manufacturers who say they will not be using it and I can understand why. It's surprising how much sugar is used in a lot of products and the red sugar content section does stand out very clearly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top