Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Nothing.

NOTHING, yes folks that's one the biggest scientific mysteries of all time and they are devoted to finding out all about nothing. I kid you not, there is no such thing as an empty bottle, there's always something inside in that space.
In the beginning their was nothing, then everything came from nothing.
Now the big study in scientific circles is to find out what nothing really is, what exactly is nothing?, where did nothing come from? where is nothing going?, the questions are endless, only when we crack the hidden secrets of nothing will we know all about nothing and when you know all about nothing you will be granted the title, "Doctor of Pure Emptiness" or DOPE for short. One of our greatest DOPE's is a Professor M.T. Spacy of Yale University (He's been asked to run for President by the Republican Party) who said when interviewed on ABC TV recently "Nothing is the key to the future and the only way forward for mankind, cars will run on nothing, planes will fly on nothing, heck we can even eat nothing, when we crack the nothing code everyone will be able to hold a bunch of nothing in their hands, raise it the the sky, and thank the Government for giving us nothing, and we will all rejoice and sing together "I got plenty of nothing, nothing's plenty for me...".
I'm off now for a nap and to do some serious thinking about nothing, I wannabe a fully fledged DOPE someday, heck I'm halfway there already.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Re: Nothing.

....yes Jem there is nothing like contemplating no thing to set the mind working and the heart racing
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 09:09 PM

Many many philosophers have thought about nothing...............and became very famous for doing so.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 09:27 PM

I have NOTHING to say on this subject.

JUst as an aside,

Q. What is the oldest profession?

A. Accountants, cos "IN the beginning there was chaos"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 09:34 PM

An interesting topic JEM, you must have had some time to reflect while you were away.

I never fail to have deep thoughts when I am on "retreat"

Mostly I forget them but I try to write them down.

I used to have a recurring dream in which my teeth fall out.
THe interpretation is "Fear of getting old"

I had my 65th birthday on the 7th August & while I am now officially an OAP. I dont think that is old, however my teeth are beginning to crack & fall out.

LIfe imitating art or art imitating life.

Sometimes I think too much.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Don't do that too much Bobby Boy it'll give you a headache

Have you ever tried to think about nothing it's very hard, well I find it so anyway. A thought always creeps in.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2013, 10:11 PM

I have experimented with a number of meditational methods, but they all ended badly, so I don't intend to try at any time soon.

THe problem is that it's alien to your brain/mind/self or whatever to empty it and think of nothing. Nearing this state of mind opens the doorway for unhelpful influences, to put it one way.
I will say no more, mainly because I know not what I am blurbing on about.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 10:21 PM

logically though if you think of nothing then surely you are thinking of something, nothing you see, s'right in't it?? So what is nothing if not something??

I wonder if drinking would help this puzzle, Meg might know cos she's a bit of a toper.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2013, 10:28 PM

NIRVANA< isnt that a state of nothingness?

What was that silly idea that pseuds used to trot out "IF a branch falls in the forest, does it make a sound, if there is no one to hear it"

Or how about "If I told you I was lying it'd be the truth"

discuss.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

10-08-2013, 10:38 PM

Nirvana weren't they a group in the 80s.

well he was a silly sod then just cos no one heard it it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

and why would you want to tell someone you were lying, if you were cos you want them to believe it's the truth otherwise there's no point in lying.
is there??

surely.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top