Join for free
Page 567 of 754 « First < 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 > Last »
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good afternoon all. When Ruth Davidson first appeared I thought she sounded good, just a pity she was a Tory. I think she has been frustrated that she couldn't get anywhere in Scotland because of her party. She, and a few others, should take lessons from Nicola Sturgeon, She is the only statesman we have had in politics since before Cameron. Comments have been made on how Bojo was really clever during his recent interview with Laura Kuenssberg. I didn't watch it, my blood pressure would have gone through the roof just to listen to his voice. However when I heard his responses to her questions I thought he sounded more smart arsed than clever. I could just imagine him making his remarks with a 'smile' to camera. Just what we need from a PM. No integrity just 'school boy' smarm. It was blowy but quite warm here today so I did spend a couple of hours in the garden. Hope your feeling better Roxy. Is it migraine headaches you have? Hope you have discussed these with your GP. We always soldier on but you should have a checkup now & again. Maybe I should come & mow your lawn May. I badly need the exercise! Looking forward to hearing how Jess enjoyed her break. Take care.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:29 PM

You're welcome to come and mow My lawn anytime Hen,but it's bliddy hard work.......I almost finished the front garden when the battery ran out,luckily I'd charged up the other one..so that'll be it for another week..just going into the shower then feet up for the night.

So much for Ruthy with Her crocodile tears at the end of last year when She gave up as leader of the Scottish Tories to spend time with Her Family...I knew it was all lies then...typical bullshiter and a traitor to boot
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:59 AM

Afternoon Lassies,and what a wet miserable one it is too....did My back in Yesterday with the gardening so taking it easy today..intended going to the Supermarket but just did an online shop which will be delivered Tomorrow..I was very good and left Magnums & biscuits off the list
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 12:44 PM

Oh Dear May, that's not so good. It can take a wee while to get used to another mower. Do you have a lot to cut? Showers here today but quite cold. Found this, seems Westminster has been at it for a very long time and not just with the Scots.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	13390  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

30-07-2020, 04:28 PM

It's not stopped raining here all day,I only moved from the sofa to make a pot of chicken & leek soup...

Front and side garden aren't too big Roxy,but the back one is,it has trees and lots of shrubs which have spread out over the years,so that's why I thought a cordless mower would be better,no more stopping to unfankle the cable.

History can tell Us a lot about the Masters in Westminster over the Centuries,though I'm sure lots of it is covered up,
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 04:54 PM

Good afternoon. Wet here as well so no garden. May, I wish you had ordered those Magnums so that there would be fewer for me. That's my treat after gardening, specially when it's hot. Unfortunately I have them at other times as well. Haven't done much, made a face mask for my son. I did order some fabric ones which haven't arrived yet so I'm painstakingly hand stitching a few. Gave my sewing machine away & I was so tempted to buy another - ridiculous isn't it! Tomorrow to be quite hot I think. Tom Devine is a great, Scottish, Social Historian & his books worth reading. They're heavy going at times. You will find them in libraries so can dip in and out from time to time. I'm sure you would enjoy them Roxy. Have a good evening.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

30-07-2020, 06:13 PM

Jackson Carlaw has resigned as the leader of the Scottish Conservatives after only six months in the job.

Mr Carlaw said he had come to the "painful conclusion" that he was not the best person to lead the case for Scotland remaining in the UK ahead of next year's Holyrood election.

He said he had therefore decided to stand down with immediate effect.

Mr Carlaw succeeded Ruth Davidson as the party's leader in February after previously acting as her deputy.

He had also served as acting leader while Ms Davidson was on maternity leave following the birth of her son, and again after her resignation in August of last year.

Jeeze!....I wonder what/who the Scottish Tories are afraid of
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 06:45 PM

Just been watching that on the News Did the man think it was going to be easy. What ever else I think of Ruthie she was a good leader, she knew her job and she did her best.
Himself was a very poor replacement for her. But it doesn't matter who they get to take over, they haven't a hope in hell. Tories are hated in Scotland and that's all there is too it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:35 PM

You ladies make me laugh in this thread you run the British Parliament and Tories down but oh dear you are disgusted when the English do likewise.

I'm not taking this seriously mind as it seems tit for tat to me!

I'm neutral on both sides so I'm not complaining but it does make me smile.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

30-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You ladies make me laugh in this thread you run the British Parliament and Tories down but oh dear you are disgusted when the English do likewise.

I'm not taking this seriously mind as it seems tit for tat to me!

I'm neutral on both sides so I'm not complaining but it does make me smile.
Well Mags,anything to give You a laugh

We're actually running down the Scottish Tories who are determined not to allow an indy ref'2 just as Boris Johnson is...All most of Us want is Our independence,and We know there's no point voicing Our opinions on the politics threads on here as it's mainly dominated by English Tory Members who at the last Scottish referendum 6 yrs ago laughed and called Us some vile Names when We lost if I recall....fair's fair

Page 567 of 754 « First < 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top