Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 12:20 AM

Simple Home Remedies

I recently came across these really simple but very useful tips that everybody could use about the home; I just had to share them with you:

1. If you're choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. The blockage will instantly remove itself.
  2. Avoid cutting yourself when dicing vegetables by getting someone else to to hold the vegetables as you chop.
  3. Avoid arguments about the toilet seat. Use the sink.
  4. For quick relief of high blood pressure simply cut yourself over a vein or artery and bleed for a few minutes thus reducing the pressure. Important to use a timer.
  5. A mousetrap placed on top of your alarm clock will stop you rolling over and going back to sleep after hitting the snooze button.
  6. If you have a bad cough take a large dose of laxative. Then you will be too scared to cough.
  7. You only need two tools in life - WD 40 and Duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should then use the WD 40. If it moves and it shouldn't use the Duct tape.
  8. Remember that everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
  9. If you can't fix it with a hammer then you have an electrical problem.
  10. Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I hope these simple tips will be the basis for a full and eventful life, a code to live by.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 12:23 AM

Re: Simple Home Remedies

I hope no one tries number one seriously!
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 09:53 AM

Funny stuff!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I recently came across these really simple but very useful tips that everybody could use about the home; I just had to share them with you:

1. If you're choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. The blockage will instantly remove itself.
  2. Avoid cutting yourself when dicing vegetables by getting someone else to to hold the vegetables as you chop.
  3. Avoid arguments about the toilet seat. Use the sink.
  4. For quick relief of high blood pressure simply cut yourself over a vein or artery and bleed for a few minutes thus reducing the pressure. Important to use a timer.
  5. A mousetrap placed on top of your alarm clock will stop you rolling over and going back to sleep after hitting the snooze button.
  6. If you have a bad cough take a large dose of laxative. Then you will be too scared to cough.
  7. You only need two tools in life - WD 40 and Duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should then use the WD 40. If it moves and it shouldn't use the Duct tape.
  8. Remember that everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
  9. If you can't fix it with a hammer then you have an electrical problem.
  10. Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I hope these simple tips will be the basis for a full and eventful life, a code to live by.
and BIB = my favourite
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:31 AM

I thought everybody already knew #7!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top