Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 06:32 PM

Re: Netherlands "NethExit" ?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In all fairness, he does this because you encourage him by responding to his posts.

Just ignore them. It isn't being rude, just sensible.
If I don't present some opposite facts, you, bread and others would piping each other here, thumping each other on the shoulder. That gets boring quickly, and doesn't constitute a debate.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
'NethExit'...... it doesn't have a nice ring to it like 'Brexit.' I think they should stay.
Yes, I'd prefer "Nextit".

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:28 AM

Hi

Why are we bothering.

The virus is the bid thing.

Everything else can wait.

We are leaving, a decision which cannot be changed,

The date can be

The whole focus of Government has changed, virus first, Brexit Second,

Brexit will not kill us,the Virus will.

We are leaving, that is the important thing.

When is down to Boris.

He is not an idiot, he will make the decision in the best interests of the UK.

He is totally committed to taking us out.

When is his decision, I trust him.

If he changes the date, so what?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:38 PM

It is perfectly clear that some members here would prefer it if we decided to remain in the EU. They do this by suggesting that Brexit is of very low priority due to the CV crisis.

I'd suggest that if we don't have the time or resources to deal with Brexit now, we should just call a halt to the discussions and leave now. We can then apply all our time and resources to dealing with the CV problem.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 01:38 PM

It is perfectly clear that some members here would prefer it if we decided to remain in the EU. They do this by suggesting that Brexit is of very low priority due to the CV crisis.

I'd suggest that if we don't have the time or resources to deal with Brexit now, we should just call a halt to the discussions and leave now. We can then apply all our time and resources to dealing with the CV problem.
Thats my opinion too JBR, But l doubt it will happen??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 02:05 PM

The EU is destroying itself, give it another couple of weeks and it will be just about over.

Polls show 88% of Italians believe the EU is not helping them. They are right, Spain's opinion will be about the same and also France, Hungary, Poland etc etc.

It's funny, because only a few months ago they were mocking Donald Trump and his "America First" nationalist crap. Roll forward a few months and when a real crisis is presented, the EU principle of solidarity between member states gets abandoned straight away in favour of nationalism returning with Germany First, France First, Austria First, Denmark First ... etc.

The EU is over, they are finding out what a huge mistake it was.

As for Brexit, who cares, we will never rejoin, the EU are proving over and over again we were right.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The EU is destroying itself, give it another couple of weeks and it will be just about over.

Polls show 88% of Italians believe the EU is not helping them. They are right, Spain's opinion will be about the same and also France, Hungary, Poland etc etc.

It's funny, because only a few months ago they were mocking Donald Trump and his "America First" nationalist crap. Roll forward a few months and when a real crisis is presented, the EU principle of solidarity between member states gets abandoned straight away in favour of nationalism returning with Germany First, France First, Austria First, Denmark First ... etc.

The EU is over, they are finding out what a huge mistake it was.

As for Brexit, who cares, we will never rejoin, the EU are proving over and over again we were right.
You make a very good point. The EU leaders have shot themselves in the foot, in their silence and lack of support for individual countries.

I said quite some time ago that no empire has ever lasted for ever. The Roman Empire fell apart and the British Empire too after we listened to individual territories demanding their independence.

It should be mentioned that the British conceded to these demands peacefully and, in fact, did much to help newly independent countries.

Compare the activities of the EU leaders, who have issued warnings and demands ever since we voted to leave their empire. Even now they are saying that we can have no part of things, like Galileo, to which we have contributed our skills and money.

How different are the two.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 02:30 PM

Jbr, I hate to surprise you, but you are out of the EU. It might be possible that the EU grants you a trade deal, but in view of corona I doubt that.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-03-2020, 02:33 PM

Even now they are saying that we can have no part of things, like Galileo, to which we have contributed our skills and money.

How different are the two.
Since you are no part(ner) in the EU, that is a consequence. But as a leave voter, you knew this beforehand of course.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Since you are no part(ner) in the EU, that is a consequence. But as a leave voter, you knew this beforehand of course.
Galileo is a disaster. If it wasn't for the UK it wouldn't even be in orbit. Even then, it went missing for weeks on end.

We don't need it at all.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top