Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 09:07 AM

Re: forming a closed group for sharing experiences

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I have asked admin for permission to ask this question .
I've noticed a few here on this forum are very interested in paranormal activity , including spiritualism and esoteric matters. Many have interesting stories to tell , I'm very interested and have studied these subjects for over 30 years . I too have experiences to talk about .
Would any of you like to have a 'closed' group to chat in and talk of our experiences ?
As I said I have asked admin and they suggested I ask those who would be interested to come forward .
Thankyou
It's a No from me too susan.
Since I first went on Forums about 9 years ago I have seen this subject come up time and time again and invariably it ends badly with people feeling ridiculed or intimidated and that's not what Forums are supposed to be about.

My reasons are that I am an unwilling psychic and I have had many experiences and still get them quite often.

The times where I have responded online I have found it often brings out the very worst in some people who seem to think that they know the answers to everything.

I have seen and experienced things that defy logic and the laws of nature and, very often, it was in the company of others so it was witnessed.

Any mention of these things on a Forum will end in upset so I do not think this a good idea.

There are, I believe, Forums that do cover this sort of thing elsewhere. stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We already seem to have started on the 'closed' groups.
There's a supporters section that's strictly private - it does make you wonder what they talk about doesn't it?
Oh, l never knew that - double standards, eh?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
It's a No from me too susan.
Since I first went on Forums about 9 years ago I have seen this subject come up time and time again and invariably it ends badly with people feeling ridiculed or intimidated and that's not what Forums are supposed to be about.
Steve I won't repeat what I have just posted elsewhere but this is my reply ....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...295#post699295
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 09:44 AM

I think the idea was to have an open discussion with those that believe in the subject and for them to air their experiences, there have been many discussions on here from those that disbelieve and the thread becomes 'messy' - nothing to do with forming a 'clique'
Its not a case of convincing disbelievers so seemed an OK idea to just discuss the experience
But, if it offends then I would say 'no' to the idea
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Oh, l never knew that - double standards, eh?
No 'double standards' Jennifer see my post here..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...257#post699257
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

The section is there to give 'a little something extra' back to those members who are kind enough to donate to help support the site so we all have somewhere to post.
Don't you think that's a little unfair on those who maybe would like to donate but simply cant afford to.
Its saying "Donate and you can have a thread that's private"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Don't you think that's a little unfair on those who maybe would like to donate but simply cant afford to.
Its saying "Donate and you can have a thread that's private"
Marj there are few people who could not afford £10 a year to support the site (which incurs cost to run like the server) details of the supporting scheme here. However no one is under any obligation to do so.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=19664
It seems reasonable to give those people who do donate to the site a little extra including a supporters section which they can use or not as they choose.

Personal I don't feel the need to use it. I post to share that which I have to say with all regular members not just a few and if I have something to say I don't want picked up by the search engines I will use the 25 post section which is what most people do.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Marj there are few people who could not afford £10 a year to support the site (which incurs cost to run like the server) details of the supporting scheme here..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=19664
It seems reasonable to give those people who do donate to the site a little extra including a supporters section which they can use or not as they choose.

Personal I don't feel the need to use it. I post to share that which I have to say with all regular members not just a few and if I have something to say I don't want picked up by the search engines I will use the 25 post section which is what most people do.
I hear what your saying Meg and put like that yes, £10 is not a lot.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I hear what your saying Meg and put like that yes, £10 is not a lot.
Hello Marj - we don't use it gal - nothing to say on there
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think the idea was to have an open discussion with those that believe in the subject and for them to air their experiences, there have been many discussions on here from those that disbelieve and the thread becomes 'messy' - nothing to do with forming a 'clique'
Its not a case of convincing disbelievers so seemed an OK idea to just discuss the experience
But, if it offends then I would say 'no' to the idea
The problem with that is if one belief is given it's own section why do those of us with other beliefs not warrant one we could end up with more closed areas than open. If you want messy try saying you believe in God on any forum and it gets dragged into other discussions too not just left in the one where it is being discussed.

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top