Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:32 PM

Steampunk

I have seen images on the internet described as Steampunk, and I have come to recognise the style. Even so, I have no idea what it’s about. Is there a philosophy behind it? I find it interesting and have a desire to be educated and informed in the subject of Steampunk. I’m sure I can’t be the only one here intrigued by Steampunk; I suspect we are many. So, if there are any among us who know about Steampunk, would they please share their knowledge with us?

Or, to put it simply, does anybody know anything about Steampunk?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:38 PM

Re: Steampunk

I'm no expert but I think it may have come about from an idea about how Victorian technology might have developed if infernal combustion engines and computers hadn't been invented.

I've read a few books based on this concept, and I think Jules Verne was working along those lines in his contemporary books about how technology might advance.

Unfortunately, most people only listen to me when I'm wrong.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:43 PM

You need to speak to TessA Haribo.... she's into Steampunk

Must admit I've not a clue about it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:48 PM

This is the Steampunk Bar at Gold Coast, Queensland. Don't know anything else about the term.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steam 1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	14728   Click image for larger version

Name:	steam2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	14729  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:56 PM

I was a Mod, so l have no knowledge of Steampunk. I imagine them to be like Goths mixed up with a bit of Punk!

If TessA reads this, she will be spitting feathers and growling at my ignorance!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I'm no expert but I think it may have come about from an idea about how Victorian technology might have developed if infernal combustion engines and computers hadn't been invented.

I've read a few books based on this concept, and I think Jules Verne was working along those lines in his contemporary books about how technology might advance.

Unfortunately, most people only listen to me when I'm wrong.
Thanks, Fruitcake, that's a good start; even if you're wrong.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-02-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
You need to speak to TessA Haribo.... she's into Steampunk
Do you have her contact details, Pesta? And does she actually exist?

And did something just go over my head?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
This is the Steampunk Bar at Gold Coast, Queensland. Don't know anything else about the term.
Could you get yourself down to the Gold Coast and check it out for me, keezoy? I would go myself, but we're in lockdown.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Do you have her contact details, Pesta? And does she actually exist?

And did something just go over my head?
!

Yes TessA is a member here - 'onest injun
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 10:19 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Think this explains it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top