Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:10 AM

Re: Prince Philip Has Died

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I was referring to a previous poster who suggested harry should come over to the UK but should leave his wife behind.
Hope that wasn’t me you were referring to!

Why should we be branded bigots for hoping Megan stays behind? She has said some damaging things about the RF, and I expect won’t be welcomed with open arms, either by the Family or the general public. What’s bigoted about that?

My post simply said that I hoped Harry would do the decent thing and get on a plane home to his family.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:18 AM

Very said news. I'll be finding somewhere overlooking Portsmouth to see and hear the gun salute from midday.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:35 AM

So sad

RIP Prince Philip
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:15 AM

I read that a father took his children out at 1am, to pay their respects! They went that late to avoid the crowds & covid etc. A bit late, I think (for young kids anyway) but they will certainly remember it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Not forgetting "Ask not for whom the bell tolls..." etc and not wishing anyone any harm I don't care that much that the consort of the Queen of Australia has died.

Actually I am a bit pissed off about it because ABC Saturday AM has devoted the whole half hour program to his death rather than reviewing more important news.
We have had wall to wall coverage since yesterday morning. I don't know what else they can say tbh. Yesterday radio 1,2,3 and 4 were all broadcasting the same programme.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:44 AM

Something I thought was in awful bad taste on the radio this morning.

One idiot bloke asked if we might see the Queen cry at the funeral!!

What's the matter with these people!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:48 AM

I think that taste and tact are lacking these days .
He sounds like a voyeur on someone else’s grief . I do have some reservations on leaving flowers everywhere these days too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Something I thought was in awful bad taste on the radio this morning.

One idiot bloke asked if we might see the Queen cry at the funeral!!

What's the matter with these people!!
I believe the answer is that over the last generation or two, the British people have begun to change.
Something to do with our education system and media, I think.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I believe the answer is that over the last generation or two, the British people have begun to change.
Something to do with our education system and media, I think.

Yes, things have changed JBR, and not always for the better either.

I mean, that poor woman, can you imagine, if she felt the tears coming at his funeral the photographers would love it. There'd be close-ups of her crying in every paper possible.

If she manages to keep control of her emotions, the papers will say the Queen never shed a tear.

For Christ's sake stop stuyding the poor family, and give them some space and privacy.
I think it's disgusting hounding her at a time like this.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, things have changed JBR, and not always for the better either.

I mean, that poor woman, can you imagine, if she felt the tears coming at his funeral the photographers would love it. There'd be close-ups of her crying in every paper possible.

If she manages to keep control of her emotions, the papers will say the Queen never shed a tear.

For Christ's sake stop stuyding the poor family, and give them some space and privacy.
I think it's disgusting hounding her at a time like this.

I agree with you.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top