Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 01:08 PM

Re: cruise ship we went on

Originally Posted by gvm ->
Won't get me on one of them - they are floating death traps.... An accident looking for somewhere to happen!
Ignorance at its best
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 06:08 PM

How do smokers get on , I have heard that it is not really allowed , which I suppose is understandable.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2017, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Lovely photo...fab ship...never fancied a cruise.
It's something I'll have to try one day.....and prove my rationality is flawed.
I went on a cruise late last year, it was better than I anticipated but not so good that I would want to go again.

The attraction for young families with kids is understandable as a cheap family holiday with the facilities they provide. A couple of friends of my daughters with children have decided they will take cruises each year in between more expensive family holidays because of the Butlin like child minding facilities (not that they had a clue what Butlins was like)

I had a great cabin with an L shaped balcony that was larger than the cabin of some of my party however the ability to get away from the madding crowd was nice. The food court was almost above so it was easy to get breakfast and lunch to bring back to the cabin to enjoy though dinner we always had in the restaurant.

The important thing about cruises is that there is nothing that cannot be solved by more alcohol.

One of the highlights for me was a "behind the scenes" tour of the ship where I was able to pass on a few tips about navigation to the ship's Captain (OK I exaggerate a little). It was so interesting how the ship functioned on the crew decks, well worth the money - I think it cost about $90 (45 pounds). You had to book before the cruise because they did security check on you.

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
How do smokers get on , I have heard that it is not really allowed , which I suppose is understandable.
They have a few areas outside on the deck for addicts.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2017, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
... Cruising is not for me.

All that water and no fishing.

Hell on earth.
Amen, brother !
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2017, 11:20 PM

we loved our Mediterranean cruise contemplating our second cruise now

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top