Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 12:28 PM

Re: Meanwhile in the Eurozone ...

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Table depicts minimum wages in the netherlands for 2019 only. Are you confusing my post with some other?
I didnt look at the table Solly l interpretted your text?
However my assertion remains true!
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I didnt look at the table Solly l interpretted your text?
However my assertion remains true!
Regards Donkeyman!
Your assertion is wrong. Minimumwage was introduced in the netherlands in 1968. In the UK that happened in 1998, due to EU law. Otherwise you would still not be aquianted with the phenomenon.
So the UK was only 30 years behind in development. Still catching up, though.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yes, but we are also leaving something unique to the uk
Agreed but everyone is saying that the current uncertainty is affecting our economy so if we were not leaving the Uzk economy would be doing even better
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 03:13 PM

Your assertion is wrong. Minimumwage was introduced in the netherlands in 1968. In the UK that happened in 1998, due to EU law. Otherwise you would still not be aquianted with the phenomenon.
So the UK was only 30 years behind in development. Still catching up, though.
My assertion was that uks wages stagnated and even went
backwards after joining eu Solly! I believe the minimum
wage was a means to keep wages down not up?? so l
discount from my arguments!!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-09-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Agreed but everyone is saying that the current uncertainty is affecting our economy so if we were not leaving the Uzk economy would be doing even better
Probably Banchory but not due to membership but to lack
of uncertainty???
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 03:21 PM

My assertion was that uks wages stagnated and even went
backwards after joining eu Solly! I believe the minimum
wage was a means to keep wages down not up?? so l
discount from my arguments!!!
Regards Donkeyman!
The minimumwage was introduced in 1998, you joined in 1973. What did happen in 25 years of time. I know time moves differently in the UK, but 25 years of standstill in wages seems gross? Can you in any way prove your statement. For instance, how much did you earn in 1973 and how much in 1998? Both dates must seem like yesterday for an englishman, so you remember your wages.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Well, if you heed your own advice? In the event of an euro collapse, it will not only effect many non-EU countries, but especially EU countries (even those not in the eurozone). That includes the UK, so you better pray the eurozone stays strong, in the interest of the UK
Solly, You seem to be under the impression that I am hoping the Euro tanks. That is the furthest thought from my mind. Should that happen, as is the norm, it is the ordinary person (as usual) that would suffer, not the rich with their accountants well versed in finding ways to avoid loss for their clients.

I agree, it would affect every country, okay, maybe not as much as those in the eurozone, but not many of us would escape the turmoil that would come with its collapse.

I would not wish that on anyone! One only has to look at the state of Greece and its poor citizens when things go terribly wrong.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-09-2019, 03:32 PM

Probably Banchory but not due to membership but to lack
of uncertainty???
Regards Donkeyman!
The only way to find out is to compare the UK economy in recent years (as a member) with before 1973, when you became a member. As you recall the UK in those days was called the sick man of europe. Need I elaborate?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Solly, You seem to be under the impression that I am hoping the Euro tanks. That is the furthest thought from my mind. Should that happen, as is the norm, it is the ordinary person (as usual) that would suffer, not the rich with their accountants well versed in finding ways to avoid loss for their clients.

I agree, it would affect every country, okay, maybe not as much as those in the eurozone, but not many of us would escape the turmoil that would come with its collapse.

I would not wish that on anyone! One only has to look at the state of Greece and its poor citizens when things go terribly wrong.
Remember, I didn't tell you this (google translate, sorry)

It was top secret. From 2012, a team of economists and lawyers carried out a secret operation on the 15th floor of the Charlemagne building in Brussels. They had to map the consequences of a Grexit for the European Commission, such as MI6 spies, those of a Russian attack on the Baltic states. It was called Plan B. If the financial markets became aware of the existence of such a plan, the vultures from the City and Wall Street would strike and every scenario would be shattered.

In 2015, Grexit seemed inevitable. The new Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and his right-hand Minister Yanis Varoufakis of Finance refused to cut back in exchange for new loans from Brussels. That would inevitably lead to the country becoming bankrupt and a forced departure from the euro zone.

According to the 157-page plan B, which will be unveiled in the next month's book The Last Bluff, the bill would be huge. European institutions and governments should write off 342 billion euros. Italy, a country that was already in trouble at the time, would have lost 63 billion euros, 4.1 percent of GDP.

Europe should also have helped some of its own banks, which would have immediately become insolvent.

Greece should also have introduced a different currency - say: new drachma - within a few hours after bankruptcy, into which all funds and debts would have to be converted. This currency would immediately devalue 50 percent against the euro, which would double Greece's debts in euros and eventually triple to 500 percent of GDP.

To prevent Greece's central bank from continuing to print euros itself, the ECB should have supported the issuance of the new drachmas. "It would have been almost absurd to refuse a rescue plan to implement another rescue plan. That is the irony of the whole thing, "according to the top secret plan.

In addition, a humanitarian disaster would threaten. A bankruptcy would push two million Greeks below the poverty line. Basic services such as food, shelter and medical facilities would disappear. It would have led to an unprecedented flow of migration, also because Greece itself is the first destination in Europe for many migrants.

On 13 July 2015, everyone chose eggs for their money, with the exception of Varoufakis. The debt is still there. But Greece is self-financing. It is possible that Italy now has a plan B with the code "Accession of Northern Macedonia to the EU".

It's better not to know that gigasom.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Remember, I didn't tell you this (google translate, sorry)

It was top secret. From 2012, a team of economists and lawyers carried out a secret operation on the 15th floor of the Charlemagne building in Brussels. They had to map the consequences of a Grexit for the European Commission, such as MI6 spies, those of a Russian attack on the Baltic states. It was called Plan B. If the financial markets became aware of the existence of such a plan, the vultures from the City and Wall Street would strike and every scenario would be shattered.

In 2015, Grexit seemed inevitable. The new Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and his right-hand Minister Yanis Varoufakis of Finance refused to cut back in exchange for new loans from Brussels. That would inevitably lead to the country becoming bankrupt and a forced departure from the euro zone.

According to the 157-page plan B, which will be unveiled in the next month's book The Last Bluff, the bill would be huge. European institutions and governments should write off 342 billion euros. Italy, a country that was already in trouble at the time, would have lost 63 billion euros, 4.1 percent of GDP.

Europe should also have helped some of its own banks, which would have immediately become insolvent.

Greece should also have introduced a different currency - say: new drachma - within a few hours after bankruptcy, into which all funds and debts would have to be converted. This currency would immediately devalue 50 percent against the euro, which would double Greece's debts in euros and eventually triple to 500 percent of GDP.

To prevent Greece's central bank from continuing to print euros itself, the ECB should have supported the issuance of the new drachmas. "It would have been almost absurd to refuse a rescue plan to implement another rescue plan. That is the irony of the whole thing, "according to the top secret plan.

In addition, a humanitarian disaster would threaten. A bankruptcy would push two million Greeks below the poverty line. Basic services such as food, shelter and medical facilities would disappear. It would have led to an unprecedented flow of migration, also because Greece itself is the first destination in Europe for many migrants.

On 13 July 2015, everyone chose eggs for their money, with the exception of Varoufakis. The debt is still there. But Greece is self-financing. It is possible that Italy now has a plan B with the code "Accession of Northern Macedonia to the EU".

It's better not to know that gigasom.

Sounds like a James Bond movie Solly?? Nothing to do with
european banks, including the bundasbank giving loans at
high rates of interest to the known corrupt greek gov knowing
that greek economy could not stand the repayments , and the
ordinary greeks then having to bail out the culprits in order to
satisfy the over ambitious bundasbank and others then eh!!
And it now seems that the repayments will continue into
perpituity due to th way the repayments are structured??
If you factor in that the greeks were dissuaded from seeking
reparations from germany after WW2 for damage caused and
atrocities carried out it becomes very cynical???

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top