Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 11:55 AM

Re: RNLI lost the plot - donations diverted to foreign "aid"

Whenever I visit the coast - Brid, Scarborough and Whitby to name but a few - I always pop a few quid into the RNLI box....Well it stops here and now after reading that. Disgraceful!

If you don't trust any other charities I always thought you could rely on the RNLI to make sure your money was going to help those brave seaman who would risk their lives to save others....Apparently not.....

Following this disclosure I will be checking out some of the other charities I donate to such as the 'Mountain Rescue' and the 'Yorkshire Air Ambulance'.....So beware! Foxy's on yer case...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 12:46 PM

What’s going on with the RNLI? They were one of the most trusted charities. Now they even seem to sack good volunteers on a triviality
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Members of our beloved, caring Royal Family are patrons for many charities. Oh hang on, now where was that money going again? Hmmm...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 01:21 PM

I think it is wrong for ANY charity to take people's money, then give it away to causes that the donor has not agreed to.

I gave to the DEC after the Sri Lankan tsunami back in 2004 and was very annoyed when I received a letter from them a year later asking if the money could be sent to Africa. I refused and they returned my donation. At the time, I thought my money had gone towards a good cause whereas the DEC had sat on it for a year.

I very very rarely give to any charities these days.... they are all a bunch of shysters. If ever I won the Euromillions jackpot, the only charities that would benefit would be the local ones where a child needs an operation abroad, that sort of thing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What’s going on with the RNLI? They were one of the most trusted charities. Now they even seem to sack good volunteers on a triviality
Good point, a little banter between volunteers in what is a demanding stressful job. Do not expect the pen-pushers have ever gone out on a rescue and are clueless of the risk taken by volunteers in very dangerous conditions. Petty and spiteful and will lose support in donations and membership.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Then there's this from the article.....

Mark Dowie, 57, who earns £188,871 a year, announced the job cuts on Tuesday to ensure that the charity was “living within our means”. He added that it faced reduced funding and increasing demands for its help.

Here's an idea. Stop giving money away and sack Mark Dowie and his ilk who are basically pimping off the volunteers who are being funded by donations.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Then there's this from the article.....

Mark Dowie, 57, who earns £188,871 a year, announced the job cuts on Tuesday to ensure that the charity was “living within our means”. He added that it faced reduced funding and increasing demands for its help.

Here's an idea. Stop giving money away and sack Mark Dowie and his ilk who are basically pimping off the volunteers who are being funded by donations.
https://legalrecruitment.blogspot.co...f-highest.html

When did all these charities sell out to the corporate world and the excuse of 'independent salary review experts' determining salaries for their CEOs?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Some shocking statistics there Cinders - makes you feel like stopping giving to charities at all.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Good point, a little banter between volunteers in what is a demanding stressful job. Do not expect the pen-pushers have ever gone out on a rescue and are clueless of the risk taken by volunteers in very dangerous conditions. Petty and spiteful and will lose support in donations and membership.
How do you sack a volonteer? Do you stop paying them??
Volunteers probably only recieve enough expenses to cover
what they lose by volunteering, that they can be deprived of
doing what they percieve as their civic duty by some jumped
up penpusher is a travesty, especially when that penpusher
is able to arrange for his own salary to be high?
We could probably buy a new boat every year for that salary?
Plus the office he employs to do his WORK!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Recently l attempted to join the local british legion, so at
the bar l applied and filled in a short form and payed for
the first years contribution, and thought that was it, job done!
However on my next visit l asked about getting the security
Key to let myself in, and the lady then brought my contribution
and the form l had filled in previously and explained that l
would have to contact the London office myself as they were
no longer able to do this at a local level, so l would have to
reapply complete with my membership fee on line via
London??? the local branch would then recieve a small part
of my payment from London???
Needless to say l am still not a member!!
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top