Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 06:20 PM

Autographs, a thing of the past?

I'm sure some of you have, or have had some celebrity sign his/her name in a book or piece of paper that you've eagerly thrust under their noses , as a kid maybe, but in today's technological age it seems that selfies are the way to go, so, do you think that in a few years people won't bother asking for an autograph, but " can I have a selfie" , it seems even the royals ( wills, harry ,Kate, and the younger ones ect) are amused by this and pose for selfies
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 06:23 PM

Re: Autographs, a thing of the past?

wish selfies were around when i met Donny Osmond - i got his autograph remember it well and he is such a lovely guy
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 06:41 PM

Hmm ... well if selfies is the way to go ... any celebrity had better make sure he or she has their hands in open view and it doesn't get used a evidence against them in the future.

No arms around shoulders or waists that could be misconstrued. No cheeky, remotely sleazy smiles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hmm ... well if selfies is the way to go ... any celebrity had better make sure he or she has their hands in open view and it doesn't get used a evidence against them in the future.

No arms around shoulders or waists that could be misconstrued. No cheeky, remotely sleazy smiles.
A good point. I hadn't thought of that before but it could be used in evidence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:00 PM

I think it's a bit sad in a way, that so many normal, friendly gestures can be misconstrued nowadays.
I guess you've just got to try and judge the difference between friendliness and a downright grope.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:03 PM

I don't think autographs are worth much these days unless it's one of the Beatles.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 11:52 PM

Somewhere, I have an autograph from Margaret Thatcher (don't tell Joe).

Not that I ever met her. The father of a girl who I trained with as a radiographer was a local Conservative official. She got it for me.

I wonder how much it might be worth. It's only on a convenient small bit of card, I'm afraid, but it is genuine.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top