Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 09:36 AM

Re: Going away for Christmas/New year.

I can't see me getting any type of invite to families this year (or others) so I've been looking at the option of going away. I did tell you we aren't that close a family.

Phew...all that money!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 10:26 AM

When we lived in UK we used to go away over Christmas and new year every year, usually for 3/4 weeks. My son was in the army and so never could get home for Christmas, the thought of spending Christmas going from one relative to another and then feeling I had to invite them back at some point had me coming out in a cold sweat. It solved any chance of arguments about who was going where, so our major annual holiday was always taken over the Christmas period, if we weren´t around then there was no argument about who we were going to or when. We had some wonderful holidays around the world and spent Christmas day in some very odd places, we enjoyed these times very much. Singapore at Christmas and new year is quite something to see, spectacular. Here in Spain we usually get together with neighbours, all different nationalities, everyone cooks their own traditional Christmas food, then since we have more room, they bring it here and we always have a pleasant evening of eating, drinking and chatting. Many people here go to Benidorm, or elsewhere, over Christmas, there are always special deals and it seems very popular.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 10:34 AM

We have never been away for Christmas or the New Year as my husband works in retail and as this is the busiest time of the year no one is allowed holidays.

We used to go away for hubbies birthday at the end of January and even going to somewhere like mainland Spain we have had heat waves before now.

We don't have family to celebrate the festive period with but if I had the choice I think I would still stay at home.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 12:58 PM

If we didn't have dogs and cats we would go away for Christmas and New Year .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How about the New Year?
Sometimes bother with NEW YEAR , SOMETIMES DON"T depends on our mood .
We always used to book cottage somewhere , but because we now go on HOT Weather holidays in February , don"t bother,
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How about the New Year?
Sometimes bother with NEW YEAR , sometimes don"t depends on our mood.
Used to go away to cottages for N.Y. but now because we go on hot weather holidays in February, don"t bother.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 10:31 PM

I may very well go away over Xmas this year, but in this country.

My two children are busy elsewhere, son will be working all over Xmas and daughter will be spending Xmas with her in-laws this year so not so inclined to have a lonely stay at home Xmas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 11:56 AM

I wondered how many of our members are going away over the festive period - or thinking of doing?
This member is having as little to do as possible with the farce that is Christmas

I will do a big food shop the week before to avoid all the last minute Christmas shopping hoards then retreat to my cosy little house. If I could lock the door preventing all visitors and ban the word Chrismas from my house I would .
Philssue
New Member!
Swadlincote
Philssue is female 

30-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Hi ,I go away every Christmas because ,because I'm on my own ,and I'd rather spend it in the sun and not think about Christmas. But like someone said,the case is getting too much for me,I would love to hear from someone who would like to share the same time away ,it will be cheaper with two !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 09:32 PM

I've never been away for Christmas or the New Year .... it's far too expensive for my liking .... but I do enjoy going away for Twixmas (between Christmas and New Year) .... This year it's a dancing break at The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool ,,,, bit more upmarket than I'm used to

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top