Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 05:47 PM

Re: Blackpool

There are lots of different shows on in Blackpool, the hotel you have picked is a long way from the centre though, it is almost at Bispham, but at least you will be away from all the noise.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by down to earth ->
I stayed there in June 2014 its a dump dont go ok they are spending money on the front but 95% of the town is tatty and ruff.
Oh dear - you must have seen a different Blackpool to the one I saw. Hubby & I were there earlier this year and & we were both very impressed with all the inprovements - brand new trams too.

We hadn't been to Blackpool for 20 years previously to that - we'd stopped going because it seemed seedy & run down. Not so now. A lot has been spent on it - it's brilliant - good as most places and better than some.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Thank you for that I might be able to get back some of my lost enthusiasm for the trip now .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 08:29 PM

Abbey ... you're going to love it !!!!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 08:37 PM

Thank you Myrtle ! I have always wanted to go there . For a minute there I was getting worried !
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 08:52 PM

We often go to Blackpool for a weekend and enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it.
down to earth
west yorkshire
down to earth is male  down to earth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
We often go to Blackpool for a weekend and enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it.
Nothing wrong !!! its dirty has tatty buildings facing the sea on the front the area behind the tower building is awful as are many of the side streets, it is full of stag and hen party's on a weekend rolling around making things even worse.
The shops that do look half right are just clones of every other major town most of the rest just sell pure tat.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:51 AM

Abbey you are going to love your trip away.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

24-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Going to Blackpool for a couple of nights in October . Has anyone got any recommendations of things to do . Got a hotel sorted out so that's ok

That's what I asked people for when I started this thread . I did not ask for opinions on how horrible a place it was .
Not going at weekend thus will avoid stag/ hen do's .
I live in the country so any shops even if they are just clones or full of tatty stuff will be great .
Jimmy
Lancashire

24-09-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by down to earth ->
Nothing wrong !!! its dirty has tatty buildings facing the sea on the front the area behind the tower building is awful as are many of the side streets, it is full of stag and hen party's on a weekend rolling around making things even worse.
The shops that do look half right are just clones of every other major town most of the rest just sell pure tat.
The area behind the tower has been recently renovated, as have lots of the buildings on the front, it's obvious you haven't been there for a long time.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top